free hit
counters
First Trip To The UK - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ronin

First Trip To The UK

Great Yarmouth pleasure beach is a must!

:D

Forget the fact it's made up of twisted and rusting metal structures that look a bit like the flashback scenes in the Terminator films, it's an almost perfectly untouched and unrestored example of the kind of 1970's windswept and delapidated seaside resort which holds many happy memories of my youth. And while most attractions will sadly be closed at this time of year, the arcade (with toilet facilities) will be open for any visitor to fire a tenners worth of 10p's into the penny pushers in the whimsical hope of winning that fiver that's almost certainly glued down. Venture outside and find a fish & chip wagon and stalls selling everything from candyfloss to toffee apples, and of course, the sea, should you fancy rolling up your trousers and having a dip!

In it's day, it was Norfolk peoples 'Disney'.

:)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You mean it's gone cry.gif

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

You sell Hondas, don't you Kimbers? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

So this is looking like a Planes, Trains and Automobile kinda trip so far.... Is it best to fly into Manchester and drive to Anglesey or London and fly in ? What's the drive like from Anglesey to Norwich ?

Ronin. 306 miles straight across the country. Unless you use the M6 toll allow 6 hours. Your best bet is East Midlands airport to get to Anglesey, Heathrow is as convenient as Manchester. If you were coming to Norwich first I would recommend Stanstead as its only an hour and a quarter away. Can you fly from London to Anglesey? I don't think so. Its a drive either way. On the way back though, its much easier to get to and from the London airports (gatwick excluded) from Norwich. MAnchester from Norwich is a little time consuming!

Michael, No mate. I am a Fleet Manager for a Rental company buying and selling 4000 or so cars a year. They are a mix of VW, Peugeot, Honda, Skoda, Kia, Renault, Nissan, Toyota etc etc. Everything is new when bought and 6 months old when sold (mostly).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Isn't there a bloody fast train to Anglesey from London ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hahahahahaha.......................HAhahahahahahahahahaha....did you say a fast train direct? In th UK? Lmfao!

Apart from costing you an arm and a leg I can't find even a semi direct one. In fact, does Anglesey have a station? As far as I can see you need at least a day and 3 changes. We have very few direct trains here as they tend to stop at every station enroute.

From Norwich the furthest East you can go without changing trains is Cambridge or Peterborough. There is no direct east to west railway.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Does Anglesey have a station???!!!!!! Have you never heard of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwryndobwlllantisiliogogogoch??

That's on Anglesey...as is RAF Valley, playground of the Gods.....or used to be, before the RAF cancelled all the fast jet training due to the cuts resulting from the banker's brainstorm....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The Welsh are without question the most masochistic practitioners of the spoken word as can be found on the planet.cry.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

dew, dew, dew.

To quote Edmund Blackadder: "Wales is a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorising people with their close-harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight." thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

True, Wales is known as "The land of the lukewarm welcome", but is has some excellent castles and a landscape that makes Norfolk look like a flooded tennis court.

Both are of course littered with inbreds, and in some villages an official toe count is still required at birth, unless more than one of the elders witnessed the conception.

:)

Wow, the satellite view of Old Thorn Barn says it all. smile.png

Just don't leave Norfolk before several pints of Woodforde's Wherry. beer.gif

Can't wait to read the blog on this one... yes.gif