free hit
counters
S2 vs. S2.2/S3 Radiators - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Gents,

My S1 project is a bit of a mongrel and I'm hoping you can help me identify the correct radiator. In short, the very secretive PPO had someone nicely graft the entire front end of an S2 on, from the top of the wheel wells forward, including the S2 spoiler. It's not set up for the vertical S1/S2 radiators, but rather the tilted back variety. But having looked on SJ, LotusBits, etc., the closest I see is what LotusBits lists as:

Radiator 2 core (reconditioned) - S2.2,S3N/A - £140

Radiator 3 core Upgrade (reconditioned) - S2.2,S3N/A - £180

So I'm wondering if either will do, or if there was something fundamentally incompatible about the dimensions of the radiators used for the 2.2 engines versus later model S2s. I have the question in to the vendors, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,

Matt

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt

I was just discussing this very topic with Dave at Lotus Bits about 3 hours ago!

The 3 core rad needs a special cowling, but otherwise compatibility should be OK.

I didn't go into details with him, but it's something I may be looking to do on my S2 at some point in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Richard. I put in an inquiry to Dave as well. I didn't know about the 3-core requiring a special cowling.

Strange that so many places seemt o carry new S1/early S2 upright rads, and then again from 1988 onward, but we can only find reconditioned inclined S2/S3 rads.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S