free hit
counters
Lotus Excel 2.2 180 BHP 1989 Valuble Engine - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Excel 2.2 180 BHP 1989 Valuble Engine

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’d need to fabricate a new purpose-made steel chassis to suit first, because a Lotus engine won’t fit the original Matra chassis which will in any case be non-existent, as it will have long since r

I was partly joking as that's probably all an excel SE in that nick is worth. Mine needs a lot of work to make a nice car, headlining, cure the water leaking into the footwell, redo the flaking lacquer on the roof etc etc.

Sues turbo esprit needs its clutch looking at so we probably won't be selling the excel til the summer

Posted from my iThing using the IPB app

• 8 years later...

Does anyone know if a lotus engine would fit into a matra bugheera mad idea i know but mk1 bugheeras are very cool let down by a 84 hp simca engine matra did eventually address' this but not until they had totally changed the shape into something more akin to a MR2.

• Gold FFM

Almost impossible I’d say - the gearbox and driveshaft arrangements will cause you no end of pain.

very cool cars though - I test drove one when I was 18.

Only here once

You’d need to fabricate a new purpose-made steel chassis to suit first, because a Lotus engine won’t fit the original Matra chassis which will in any case be non-existent, as it will have long since reverted back to being iron ore in about 1977.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

If I were replacing the engine then I'd choose something more modern where the power per litre of displacement is now generally much greater and so the power for the physical external dimensions can be greater, meaning the engine may well fit in the space left by the 1.3l engine despite adaptions for engine mounts and adapter plates etc.