free hit
counters
The missing Essex Esprits... - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The missing Essex Esprits...

27 minutes ago, Veilside said:

It was at SJ months ago now having some work done that’s as much as I know, left my contact details with Steve to pass on to John Williams but never heard anything. Just done a DVLA vehicle check using GOP 890W not been taxed in the UK since January 1995.

Yes it’s next to my car at SJ!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi - by absolute chance I logged into thelotusforum and picked up the string of messages regarding 003. I'm John Williams, it's my car.  I'm still based in Hong Kong (although stuck in Thailand as I w

005 slowly getting there 

Have tracked down the original owner of #015. He sent me this photo of it, will have more details on what happened to it tomorrow.   We know #005 is out and about. #009 went to Malays

Posted Images

6 hours ago, v8vantage said:

And another turns up on display at the Mazak machine tool factory in Gifu, Japan.

Essex Japan Mazak.jpg

Essex 008  ????

ESSEX 008 - VIN SCCFC20A0AHD10904 - PPW 700W -  CURRENT OWNER HIROKI SAITO - LOCATION - SAITAMA CITY, SAITAMA-PREF.

It could be -

PRE-PRODUCTION ESSEX - VIN SCCFC20AA5AHD10896 - MPW 75V - CURRENT OWNER TAKAYA KAKISHIMA.

or it could be -

ESSEX 006 - VIN SCCFC20A3AHD10900006 - LPE 417W - CURRENT OWNER  BY MR. ITO ? LOCATION YOKOHAMA CITY ? THIS IS OLD INFORMATION FROM TAKAYA KAKISHIMANO .

I'll try and find out from Hiroki not spoken to him for a while though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lex Templar said:

Here are some pics of 003, next to s/n #953 late last year before #953 was painted (white with brown and all Essex Bits), taken at SJ Sportscars.

UsjgpU.png
FYcjHi.jpgnQyj0h.png

No003 is certainly looking like it’s lived a life, still only original once and nice being honest.

Glad its back in the UK though and in good hands with Steve, I must pop up and see him as local to me once this lockdown eases.
Thanks for posting Lex 👍🏻

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I like that although not the decal on the bonnet! 😁
I know we all restore these cars but it is nice to see the odd survivor TBH and not many left, I remember being really proud saving JPS099 cutting and touching in paint keeping it as original as possible. 

With Mark taking on all the Essex cars most seem to be concours cases now which is a pity but still lovely to look upon.

I still like the original Esprit’s you see in the US with faded Tartan, for me I would never retrim just enjoy that original look knowing the car has lived and created memories.

Thanks for sharing the photos Steve 👍🏻

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Was that at Barry Ely's Steve? 

I know from experience with 017 that they did not all have the exact same spec. As has been discussed before it tended to be whatever was on the track on the day was fitted to the car. The Essex cam-covers are a classic example of that.

17 minutes ago, nello said:

Was that at Barry Ely's Steve? 

I know from experience with 017 that they did not all have the exact same spec. As has been discussed before it tended to be whatever was on the track on the day was fitted to the car. The Essex cam-covers are a classic example of that.

Speaking of 017, Last seen Donnington 1996. Featured in Classic Cars, May 1996. Last taxed 1999. Anyone know about this one?

16 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

Speaking of 017, Last seen Donnington 1996. Featured in Classic Cars, May 1996. Last taxed 1999. Anyone know about this one?

Failed to sell at Coys Blenheim palace auction last May.

Only here once

2 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

No003 is certainly looking like it’s lived a life, still only original once and nice being honest.

Glad its back in the UK though and in good hands with Steve, I must pop up and see him as local to me once this lockdown eases.
Thanks for posting Lex 👍🏻

interesting the car has been fully restored once before at a cost 0f 24,000 pounds. I imagine in the 1990's.

017 was sold. Some of you know I was heavily associated with the car for around 20 years or so. It went via a private sale but out of respect to the Dewey family and the new owners I'll let them make themselves known if they want to and are here.

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

The one I pictured from Japan may be the only Japanese Essex built, the chassis number ends in 100. It was built to Japanese specs in late 1980 and shipped to the Japanese importer Atlantic Trading.