free hit
counters
The missing Essex Esprits... - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The missing Essex Esprits...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi - by absolute chance I logged into thelotusforum and picked up the string of messages regarding 003. I'm John Williams, it's my car.  I'm still based in Hong Kong (although stuck in Thailand as I w

005 slowly getting there 

Have tracked down the original owner of #015. He sent me this photo of it, will have more details on what happened to it tomorrow.   We know #005 is out and about. #009 went to Malays

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Great to have you on here John and looking forward to seeing progress of Essex 003! My car is side by side with yours, with Steve. A white with brown Bond spec dry sump on compomotives. We would love to see some photos of it when you can!

Edited by Bibs

Is this an Essex? Looks like it has the sunroof of later cars @ 3:47

Definitely a sunroof so probably an Essex Blue car just with the stickers.......think I have seen a couple in Japan like that.

Edited by nello
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Too new Buddsy - all were 1980 maybe 1981

Thtas not a C reg though is it? Isnt is a private plate as a C reg should have 4 digits before the space?

Its just in this vid of Norwich from 1986 this looks like an Essex to me? Unless some one made a copy.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

There was one with all the decals and a sunroof that was snapped up by stocks a few years ago - it was on eBay for about an hour and I missed it

Mark stripped the decals off I believe.

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Thtas not a C reg though is it? Isnt is a private plate as a C reg should have 4 digits before the space?

Its just in this vid of Norwich from 1986 this looks like an Essex to me? Unless some one made a copy.

buddsy

That’s a C reg from ‘85/‘86 @Buddsy& that can’t go on an Essex as they’re earlier. Also it’s got a light interior & sunroof - so must be a later car. I’m betting Esprit’s we’re quite a common sight in Norwich in ‘86😉?

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

There was one with all the decals and a sunroof that was snapped up by stocks a few years ago - it was on eBay for about an hour and I missed it

Mark stripped the decals off I believe.

There was also another blue one with Essex decals that went to Jack of Number27 fame on YouTube - now owned by someone else. Adding Essex decals would be a popular thing to do back then I’d reckon 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’m betting Esprit’s we’re quite a common sight in Norwich in ‘86😉?

The only one we saw regularly was the bronze 007 car. Used to be at all the local fetes

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

The only one we saw regularly was the bronze 007 car. Used to be at all the local fetes

buddsy

@Lotusfab will be the modern day equivalent down in his neck of the woods going forward😉

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

buddsy

it also has the later front lights, so for sure no essex,

• 3 weeks later...

Picture of 10931 domestic Essex 12 whilst for sale at Speedmaster I guess in 2009. I hadn’t seen the pic before, I’m sure some have. Do we know where this one is now? 
pic is from insta - a guy named Steve Hunt who said that owned it in the 1990s.

B9F070E7-03DF-47CB-90BE-E83B39C87DE8.jpeg

Another picture of 012 from the same account.

A20E09CA-ED41-4B2E-ABD9-F519FE907384.jpeg

• Like 1

Lex

I almost bought this car 14 years ago from Speedmaster cars (not 2009) when it was last for sale. I have a lot of pictures of it if anybody is interested. It was owned by the same guy who sold me Essex No.11 (he had two Essex Esprits and a collection of F1 cars inc an Essex F1 car).

I test drove it but it wasn't very good (brakes useless and it stank of petrol).

I understand that it was sold outside of the UK in 2006/7, I think to somebody in France.

It was also mentioned in a club Lotus magazine a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

Thanks barrie, always happy to see to see photos etc.. but then again I'm possibly a bit too keen :)

info leads to more info with these early cars. 

A good decision to buy Essex 11 back then too Barrie!

Found this period picture of Essex 003 which is now back in the country and next to my car at SJ.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.32.01 am.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...