free hit
counters
How high is an Esprit........... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

How high is an Esprit...........

Guest allgoodpeter

Guest allgoodpeter

According to Waltons Lotus Esprit The Complete Story page 63, the S1/2 Esprit is 37.75 inches high.

On Page 120 a Motor road Test for the S3 shows height as 43.8 inches - almost 6 inches higher.

The S3/Turbo always looked higher but is it really 6 inches higher than an S1/2?

Can anyone with a tape measure verify please?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allgoodpeter

OK so yours is an S3 thanks - anyone with an S2 or S1 care to confirm or otherwise?

I cant believe there is that much difference but the S3 in profile pictures does always look like its riding a fair bit higher than an S2 and just wondered if I coud pin it down.

And there I was going to say it depends on how much weed it's been smoking. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Might vary a bit... I got a little under 42" when measuring. Well choice of tires and rims will give or take a bit.. but 37,75" or 95,9 cm sounds a bit odd - are the really that low? thats like my Europa, and I´ve never met an Esprit lower than it...

Guest allgoodpeter

OK sounds like Walton is wrong somewhere - so next question - when you see a profile picture of an S3 why does it look like its on tip toes? And if an S3 and S2 are the same overall height how can the S3 look like it has greater ground clearance?

Or is it all in the tyres? We need a profile pic of an S3 on Speedlines I suppose.

Mines 42" ohh err Misses

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Guest allgoodpeter

It's also worth noting that Federal Esprit's were higher (suspension was set higher) as they had to meet bumper height legislation. Here's a federal S2 Clicky

Looks awful! I've just been looking at some S1 pictures and they seem really low.

• 2 weeks later...

my europa is 40.1" with 4,5"front and 5"rear clearance on 15"wheels, no way there is any eprit lower than a europa, a buddies gt40 rep. is 40.5"

and my s3(MY'85) looks like a pickup truck next to the europa and the gt40!