free hit
counters
0-183 mph Evora S IPS acceleration MY12 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

0-183 mph Evora S IPS acceleration MY12

foerstie81

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shift lights.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Shift lights.

I think he is referring to the blinking single round led on the middle of the dash. Looks like some sort of alarm or immobiliser blinking, very odd.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Tesla Model S - Midnight Silver | Renault Twizy - Brilliant Black ::..

More likely the record light in the camcorder then! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I was always convinced the CR-Box was what was limiting top speed on the Evora S, since power drops quite substantialy above 6200 RPM. The different gear ratio on the IPS obviously reduces engine RPM, so that the car is slower getting to top speed, but therefore its faster once it gets there.

Kind of convinces me that my Evora S needs some engine tuning at the upper end.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

The manual gearbox is quicker, but slower due to the gear ratios.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

The analog dash speedo is hugely innacurate on my NA IPS, it can be about 20kmh out compared to the GPS speed from the satnav display, so I would expect that 250kmh would actually be 225-230kmh.

Below 110kmh it is about 10-15kmh out. I guess the positive is that if I relied on it I would never cop a speeding ticket! :)

That is strange. My NA analogue is almost exactly spot on with the sat nav calculated speed at all sensible speeds up to about 100mph it is only about 2mph out on the safe side.

When I fit the winter tyres and wheels (same wheel model) the error increases a little bit only, so at about 100mph the difference is about 3 or 4mph.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Well worth comparing with the Audi TT RS:

Again shows what could havve been if the Evora had a double clutch automatic.

I would have taken the TT RS instead of the Evora if it just wasn't so f** ugly.

• 5 months later...

Ok 183 mph counter or 178 mph GPS! Since a slushbox is technically always slower than a stickshift! How fast is the Evora S really!?

I've owned an Evora and have an S IPS now, and am convinced the IPS is faster than I was to change gear in sport mode, when pressing hard. For info, 3rd in the IPS is actually shorter than CR box. 5 and 6 are longer, 4th I have to check...

The analog dash speedo is hugely innacurate on my NA IPS

Same on my S. It reads 5-10 mph too high.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

My Evora S was 280 kph prior to installation of KomoTec Stage 1 (390 hp) based on GPS. Its at 290 kph now, at 6200-6300 rpm in 6th gear.

According to Lotus the IPS is slower.