free hit
counters
1983 video esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1983 video esprit

86esprits3

I started a new topic just in case the other topic would not spur any interest. This is a video of the car i am thinking about buying. It is 750 miles away from me, so I am not going to get it. i am going to ship it.

What do you think? I am concerned about the smoke coming out of the rear louvers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

Don't see a link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezVs5N5JCk&feature=youtu.be

I started a new topic just in case the other topic would not spur any interest. This is a video of the car i am thinking about buying. It is 750 miles away from me, so I am not going to get it. i am going to ship it.

What do you think? I am concerned about the smoke coming out of the rear louvers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezVs5N5JCk&feature=youtu.be

WHAT IS UP WITH THE EXHAUST ON THIS?

I like the color but not the wing. Video doesn't really show you much. I certainly wouldn't buy it based on that video alone I'd ask them to take some video of it driving and also of the engine. Not very keen on having a cold engine, especially a Lotus one, being revved so high when it's cold.

The important stuff is maintenance history...timing belt and so on...doesn't it have any history?

Is there no one you could ask to look at it for you? I get the impression that these guys don't really know much about the Esprit at all. Post where the car is and maybe a member might have some time to check it out for you. I purchased a car unseen once and got completely burnt. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

car looks great, not too keen on the wheels or spoiler but thats just personal taste. great colour and the paint looks in excellent shape, interior needs a bit of attention but its not a new car.

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I am having second thoughts all of a sudden. I don't like the wheels or the color of the car. I would really like the standard wheels and make the inside section black with a nice deep blue paint, and black leather interior. Can I custom order one? lol

Having owned an '83 Special Edition Turbo Esprit, I say deduct 25-30% from the asking price simply for the pimping the car has received in several areas. As Wikipedia put it: "Giugiaro was named Car Designer of the 20th Century and inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in 2002." Anyone who thinks they should then question and screw with his styling decisions is, to me, questionable.

$15K is simply too much for that car. PM me or Shark Sandwich and we can (he better than me) tell you why.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S