free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 10 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:lol:

Buy the BBC?

"Someone get me the Baldwins on the 'phone" :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They all stuttered during the show, something perhaps that would usually require a retake? It usually doesn't happen so for all of them to 'forget' their lines' or whatever caused it made me take note. Either they can't be bothered, production standards have slipped or they just aren't concentrating. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well whatever I watched the other night was labelled as Ser 19 Ep2. But it wasn't.

Watching the correct one now.

Ep2 watched. I enjoyed that. And due to editing trickery, no car ever went above 55mph. :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Ep3. Amy is a cutie isn't she. :wub:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

That's the one we've just watched, you're up to date now :)

Evora NA

Yeah, figured that. Sure the race wasn't great as they've pretty much done that before. Rest was ok.

Maybe we should suggest they do a review on say,....................

ooo, I know. The new Exige S. :thumbsup:

BORINGGGGGGGGGG  this edition is dire

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I can't quite work out why Twickenham allowed them to destroy the pitch unless it was due for re-turfing. Lets face Cae'd or whatever crap cars they were got a good lot of publicity from it and probably footed the bill

Edited by B1 RMA

• Gold FFM

I can't quite work out why Twickenham allowed them to destroy the pitch unless it was due for re-turfing. Lets face Cae'd or whatever crap cars they were got a good lot of publicity from it and probably footed the bill

Couldn't agree more - what a waist of turf, a waist of cars, and a waist of 15 minutes of my life - just hope any of my TV licence doesnt get put towards this crap. I just knew I should have turned the TV off and stared at a blank screen before that segment started.

They've done football, now rugby. What next, Cricket from Lords? What a complete load of testicles!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Can't disagree, I nodded off!

Evora NA

Wondered what had convinced Kia it was worth damaging a dozen cars and returfing a rugby pitch. Then realised the global reach of TG and the unnaturally positive test of the Kia Ce'ed earlier in the programme, and the scales fell from my eyes.

Dreadful - but it must be impossible to think of interesting new things to do to appeal to a mass audience. VBH 'racing' a jet on 5G last week smacked of the same desperation. They need Pollyanna Woodward on the show as eye candy - none of the rest will matter then.

Edited by islandbloke

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• Gold FFM

I can't work out why instead of the Exige they went to Mexico to film THIS...  :sick:

01-mastretta-mxt-live-opt-la-auto-show-s

looks like the front structure and proportion of a *YES-roadster* , mixed up with a smart-coupe face ..and that all put up onto somethng like Artega or Lotus Europa/Speedster deriviative ?

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Watched the last two episodes yesterday.  I enjoyed the train vs. car race.  I hadn't realized the Sea Cat service had gone and the long ferry ride was probably what cost the car the victory.  That and using a car that needed to stop so often for fuel.  As it was explained, the point was that things had changed since they last did that sort of race.

You can't complain that they are testing only expensive cars after their tests of the Toyota/Subaru and the Vauxhall.  The Mexican sportscar segment was interesting as well.  I think they should drive cars that you will rarely hear about from other sources or how do they differentiate themselves?  Not keen in the rugby came but I have never been keen on they sort of thing when they've done them in the past.

So far, I would say the series is up to par.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Ok. I was well in on this episode after the first 15 mins! This is what we wanted, affordable hot hatches being thrashed around, Jeremy looking at the camera and saying Whooooooaaaaaaaaa! alot and a very proper review of all 3........

Then on came the bloody Mexican car. What..........The.............F**K? So they can't test the new Exige S one of the most exciting and widely acclaimed cars for a long time........but the they can test a car that is not finished, is the same money as the Exige and reminds everyone, including Hammond, of the S1 Elise.

I was just waiting....waiting.....waiting for Jeremy to pipe up "No! It's Sssssstupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you could have one of these for the same money...cue lots of sideways and screaming as the Exige S enters stage right" What a perfect opportunity missed.

Then we had to put up with them showing off how many people they know "Look we flew Matt LeBlanc in"...."Ohhh Eric Clapton"....."Bruce Willis pressing the horn"........oh FFS!

After 15 mins I was well into it. The next 45 minutes had me falling asleep and wondering how I could turn back time.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Meh. Any advances?

That wasn't really even a motoring show last night, just low quality 'entertainment'.

Evora NA