free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 13 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mayevora

Top Gear - New Series

Me too. Even laughed at the Caravan related test....though not happy at the Peugeot 3008 behind canned straight out......I love my 3008 (but then it's not a hybrid).

Liked the retro 911, but how do Porsche keep getting away with bringing out an all new 911.....that's exactly the same as the old one and charging much more for it?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Porsche re-cycling: ?clever marketing or good in the first place so why change.

But when will the new Esprit be launched? Some of us have been waiting for now nearly 10 years - and gone elsewhere in the meantime.

Definitively the best episode so far. Loved the Lambo and couldn't stop laughing about the caravan test. So realistic (at least I would love to do the same if I was ever forced to drive one).

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I liked the Sesto elemento thingy and my brain cannot help thinking that the Gallardo replacement better be a slightly less carbon aggressive than this.

The caravan stuff is just TG recycling their disgust for caravans, Pretty happy the CX5 "won" even if it didn't, as it is a pretty good hauler and a good drive.

To be fair, the Lambo was at the Paris motorshow in 2010 when Lotus had the 5 cars so it's not a new model. Wonder what the point of leaving the spin in was, are they saying it's good/bad?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Definitively the best episode so far. Loved the Lambo and couldn't stop laughing about the caravan test. So realistic (at least I would love to do the same if I was ever forced to drive one).

I didn't bother watching that bit. I now just watch the car stuff and fast forward through the stupid stuff. The other week I must have FF though over half when they were funking about with the hover van [email protected]

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Loved the overall message in the sign-off piece but was that some kind of calculated insult? It seems ridiculous to show virtually every British built motoring entity imaginable and totally blank out Lotus who have a heritage and prestige far beyond 99% of those featured! Really don't want to sound like some snubbed fan-boy but genuinely don't understand Lotus' exclusion ...

I havent seen it yet but just read same comments on FB and all I can think is its because Clarkson is a.....

I would urge all of you to log in and make your thoughts known.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2013/08/04/thats-it-for-series-20-episode-6-post-show-discussion/

Last time I made a comment the journo came back at me and was not happy I called his article on the Exige Roadster lame. I think I made a reasonable argument as he never came back at me after I explained.

Buddsy

Loved the overall message in the sign-off piece but was that some kind of calculated insult? It seems ridiculous to show virtually every British built motoring entity imaginable and totally blank out Lotus who have a heritage and prestige far beyond 99% of those featured! Really don't want to sound like some snubbed fan-boy but genuinely don't understand Lotus' exclusion ...

Lotus 'brand' got a mention as an F1 constructor ... In a piece that was a tight fit at the end of the program no time to nuance the relationship between F1 and road cars

could it be due to the complete lack of PR  skill within lotus?

Could be, Steve - I'd really hate to think it was because PR at Lotus were slow on the uptake when everyone else in the industry leapt at the chance to invite TG round, and made their product available.

Loved the overall message in the sign-off piece - It seems ridiculous to show virtually every British built motoring entity imaginable and totally blank out Lotus who have a heritage.

Followed by a 60 minute programme dedicated to how wonderful German motor manufacturers are :/

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It was a complete smoke and mirrors article, yes the vehicles are made in the UK, and yes it's british workers. But the reality is that most of the companies are foreign owned, and they could pull the plug/move production abroad. It was typical BBC left wing bollocks. F1 is always promoted as a british exercise and it is but the reality is employes a small number compared to the big foreign car manufacturers such as Audi, BMW etc. No offence to any of the skilled workers, but the majority of these brands are british only in name.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I too was shocked at the final piece. I was watching it thinking "the Lotus's will be on in a minute...here they come...." At the end I was amazed that they weren't included.

Now call me crazy but has Top Gear gone Anti Lotus? When MJK was there and they brought out the new Evora the one programme that dad INSISTED they got on was Top Gear.

I just don't understand why they haven't reviewed the new Exige, which, lets face it, is right up their street as an insanely fast toy. Or the Evora S.

To add insult to injury they showed the Morgans last night, who make less cars than Lotus, yet didn't show Lotus.

Does anyone know if Lotus responded? Did they take part?

I thought last nights programme was inane and absolutely rubbish. Yes, a great review of the new Footballers car, Range Rover Sport. But the new London Bus? Really?

Shockingly rubbish

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

When we did the 'Get the Exige on Top Gear' campaign I was told that they weren't that fussed as TG just ruin cars anyway, or words to that effect. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Now call me crazy but has Top Gear gone Anti Lotus? 

Kimbers I really think you've hit the nail on the head. The Top Gear team kinda say they love British cars and cried when TVR went bust but then they do all they can to ridicule Lotus. I just really don't get it?

Buddsy

I still think a complete lack of pr on the behalf of lotus. hell at times they haven't even passed much info on to their official community partner!. for all we know this may have been filmed earlier in the year when lotus were on a low ebb

Listening to Chris Evans this morning, he mentioned Jeremy Clarkson was fuming about bbc2 showing the German programme straight after

Does anyone know if Lotus responded? Did they take part?

They did take part.

In this film you can see the Elise, Evora and Exige S V6 in the parade.

So they already know that the Exige S V6 exist...  :huh:

So they showed the Morgans at least 3 times, including driving out of their factory, yet didn't show the Lotus's even once.

And did anyone notice that in the map with all the Car Factories on it, there wasn't one in Norfolk?

remember that Charles Morgan is ex ITN - he would be quick to grasp the opportunity. Lotus were probably stuck behind a lorry load of carrots on the A11 

Haha, thanks Richard, though it's normally a crap spreader that I get stuck behind.

is the eagle e-type actually a manufacturer?  I thought the were basically restored/reenginered e-types

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Under your thoughts their are no companies that belong to a single country they are all world companies if they are floated on the stock exchange. So using your thought stream, the turnover of BMW/AUDi has no affect on the economy of Germany as it's spread amongst the share holders. But it clearly does have an effect on the German economy.

Your argument is counter intuitive as you are once again promoting the UK as a financial/service institution. We are saying there is a lack of manufacturing, the issue is that people should be concerned where the money goes.

As for having a Lotus, I own a Lotus because I can afford one. If I could afford one I'd have a Lambo. I'm not a died in the wool Chapman lover, infact dare I say its's rumoured the man was a bit of a rogue (not that that's a bad thing).

Amateurs built the Ark