free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 16 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The crapped out cars go with the crapped out format and the crapped out old blokes presenting it :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like Top Gear are wanting to do some Lotus stuff, just received this email from Club Lotus as I'm sure lots of others have.   BBC Top Gear is embarking on making the best homage film t

I was suitably annoyed to send an email: "Afternoon I have just watched the final episode of Top Gear having watched all of this season. I was hugely disappointed that Porsche was menti

I have to challenge that view, which is very common in the UK it seems. Look, what's your goal in buying a British vehicle? I'm guessing that it's to buy a product of British engineering, according to

Posted Images

A good show, didn't see the point of the Afghanistan bit but the 4C was entertaining even if it does remind me of this...

391210.jpg

As for the P1....  :wub:   :censored:  :w00t:  :driving:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Great show this week, I thought the alfa looked like an elise with the evora swept back roof line? If I was ever lucky enough to live around lake como the jetski quad would earn it's money back in no time. Obviously the P1 was mighty impressive.

Perhaps they read this thread after last week, much better show :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great show this week, I thought the alfa looked like an elise with the evora swept back roof line? If I was ever lucky enough to live around lake como the jetski quad would earn it's money back in no time. Obviously the P1 was mighty impressive.

+1

Maybe one should not forget that the original is always better than the "Italian copy". ;)

Much better show it was idd.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

+1 Maybe I liked the quad the most. The P1 how fantastic it may be it does not do it for me. I remember the old top gear when Tiff tested the F1 that I found absolutly fantastic and watched it back many times. I love the enginering in this car but I think it looks so damn ugly. For the money give me a Facel Vega a Iso Griffo and a Evora SR and for the money left a nice holiday to Brugge and the Lake Como.

Credit where credit's due: that was much better. In fact the P1 finale was probably less than an quarter of the whole show, but I enjoyed most of the other bits too.

Perhaps they should forget the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car though. They could have just plucked that guy out of the audience for all I know. Never heard of him before, never seen anything he's been in before. Perhaps they should have stopped that feature after Cameron & Tom paid a visit.

Alfa looks awesome! I am happy to say I have helped an (unnamed) member of TLF obtain one of the first ones, through a dealer Partner.

Mclaren looks great but (and I know I am probably the only one here to think this) seriously, who can afford one? It may be a "game changer" in terms of car design but if no one can afford one and the technology is too expensive then what's the point? 

I'll have a Ferrari and save the other £700,000 thanks!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'll be interested to hear how the new Alfa owner gets on with his 4C. I'm still not totally convinced by the styling, it's as if there's about 2 feet missing from the length of the car, all of it taken out of the cockpit! Even Hammond made it look a tight squeeze, I was hoping Clarkson might have been tempted to sit in the car... 

The P1 is a very exclusive test bed for new technologies that'll filter down at  much reduced cost to future McLarens... I gather that's always been their long term strategy. Smart thinking from Ron & Co. 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Alfa looks awesome! I am happy to say I have helped an (unnamed) member of TLF obtain one of the first ones, through a dealer Partner.

Mclaren looks great but (and I know I am probably the only one here to think this) seriously, who can afford one? It may be a "game changer" in terms of car design but if no one can afford one and the technology is too expensive then what's the point? 

I'll have a Ferrari and save the other £700,000 thanks!

thought the p1 was already sold out

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I thought it was OK again last night.

Aside from Hammond weaving all over the road and May steering with his legs whilst fiddling with playing cards and talking to the camera (I wonder if the guy who recently got banned for driving with his hands on his head was watching?), the biggest bombshell :nuke: of the night for me was discovering that a cooking Ford Fiesta costs 17 grand these days!!! :shock:

But that 1.0 Ecoboost engine is a work of art! Terrific to drive! 

We nearly bought one last year but the £10k+ depreciation in 2 years sucked balls on a £17k car! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

But you have to say why would you buy one when you could get the Dacia? I know it's cheap but it did the job and if all you want is a small city car look no further! We have driven the Dacia range and I have to say they drive ok, the build quality is good, but a little dated inside and for the money you can get 3 Dacia's for every 2 of the competition....2 for 1 with the Ford.

Enjoyed the show last night. They are getting there.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

You can buy Tesco blue stripe beer for 49p a can. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to though.

Evora NA

Never tasted it but I have driven the Dacia's and they are good for the money.

But you have to say why would you buy one when you could get the Dacia? I know it's cheap but it did the job and if all you want is a small city car look no further! We have driven the Dacia range and I have to say they drive ok, the build quality is good, but a little dated inside and for the money you can get 3 Dacia's for every 2 of the competition....2 for 1 with the Ford.

Enjoyed the show last night. They are getting there.

Agree. The Ford £17k.. Jeez...

I've just bought an UP Apostrophe !!  Great City Car...

But you don't live within 60 miles of a city!

Evora NA

Must be getting old but I think the whole format is now crap. Nothing but an embarrasment and they must only be doing it for the money.

Made that last car programme about restoring and selling a classic look stylish!