free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 28 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like Top Gear are wanting to do some Lotus stuff, just received this email from Club Lotus as I'm sure lots of others have.   BBC Top Gear is embarking on making the best homage film t

I was suitably annoyed to send an email: "Afternoon I have just watched the final episode of Top Gear having watched all of this season. I was hugely disappointed that Porsche was menti

I have to challenge that view, which is very common in the UK it seems. Look, what's your goal in buying a British vehicle? I'm guessing that it's to buy a product of British engineering, according to

Posted Images

Just read in the Guardian that Jezza`s recent stresses have led to his Damascene conversion to the fossil-fuel divestment campaign and that he now supports a 20 mph urban speed limit .

Then I realised the date today  . D`oh !

Hahaha. What next, Dan [basalte] Rubinstein supporting UKIP?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

She'll be fine -

Swim suit , baby oil, car bonnet - all ok

Open mouth and talking - arghhhhh no no no

• Like 1

Only here once

Well at least Top Speed (the boys are back) will crush Top Blondie Gear.  Sorry, good looking blondes are a dime a dozen.  Although anyone who attempts to step into Jeremy shoes will be buggered (I think that's the way you blokes say it).

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Sweaty polo trousers off, swim suit on - baby oil out.

Turn tv over to the famous three on another show by another name.......

Yeah - you could bugger the girl if you loikes !!!!

Only here once

When did that ever start meaning that? :shock:

I must be getting old.......

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

You can still learn something new each day from the urban dictionary!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

OK, (steering this thread away from the sexual politics of circa 1971),  Alexei Sayle has thrown his hat in the ring (no, not a strange euphemism for God knows what) to be Top Gear presenter, with his article in  Saturday`s Guardian :

"Time for a Marxist Top Gear".

As a columnist on Car magazine, the Daily Telegraph and "old" Top Gear as well as for his documentary on the Ford Cortina  , he should be able to reassure all the Pub Landlords out there that all they hold dear will get a fair hearing whilst giving his unique forthright and irreverent take . He has suggested that the BBC  "regenerates" him as Jeremy Clarkson   as per Doctor Who so that he or others including women, can continue to be called "Jeremy Clarkson" if necessary, As he concludes, the show`s "targets will be the rich and powerful and the reactionary rather than  Mexicans, the safety conscious and Morris Marina owners".

Or is he just taking the piss? Difficult to judge... 

• Like 1

If we're talking lady presenters, there can only be one candidate....Sabine Schmitz. Brilliant!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Schmitz

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

:lol:

11082612_932970163433155_521212261357630

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sabine is a legend - would be a great choice.....

Couple her up ( no pun ) with alexi sayle and it would be great

Only here once

It comes down to a producer who has 'the touch.' The success of any TV series comes down to the chemistry of the cast and how well audiences like or identify with them-- think 'Seinfeld' or 'Friends'. Premise can get a series started, but it's the cast and scripts which keep it going. If the producers can put together another group of presenters who can make that happen, we'll watch. It's not impossible-- look at Aussie TG.

Alexei Sayle? If I was the producer, his number would be the first I'd dial.

Edited by bwwooster

When did that ever start meaning that? :shock:

I must be getting old.......

Likewise.  In fact better not tell SHMBO as she has a wardrobe full of the damn things I can't afford to change to another colour!  She once famously amongst our friends took 7 pairs on a 14 day holiday once - amongst many other options of things to wear.  - No don't ask as I don't know either and have given up the eternal argument when packing for a holiday.  33 years of being ground down does that to you.

I am also with Keith above on that moron. No not Jeremy but Alexei

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Oh god, not Alexei Sale. Please.

But my biggest fear is that if it doos return, the BBc will make a 180 degree turn and turn it back into just a car show. I would rather they not bother.

Well I finally saw a TG UK on tv. I have no idea what series it was. It looks like the channel 9 editing room have got to it and made a mess of it. There was not one cut to the studio. The start was a heap of footage of JC and Hammond in cars then the start music etc. At the end they never got to the racetrack that JC was talking about. It just ended with them hitch hiking.

I don't believe it is the show. I believe it is the channel since it moved from the SBS to 9.

Sadly, ultimately disappointing as I like TG.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Just got a Facebook page (`cos their spies know I like motors ? ) to say that Sue Perkins is being tipped as new TG presenter...

Its not 1st April either....

(Went to independent fee-paying school ? Tick . Went to Cambridge University ? Tick. In the Cambridge Footlights perchance  ? Tick)

Therefore she seems to tick many broadcasting boxes.

Her gender and sexuality are irrelevant factors to me and nothing personal- I just find her media contributions deeply and predictably middle class, insipid and usually tinged with smugness. 

Can`t see many TG fans relating to her on any level ....

• Like 1