free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 34 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mayevora

Top Gear - New Series

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I do like the last piece with Sabine throwing Evans out of the car to lighten himself.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

22 minutes ago, TBD said:

I do like the last piece with Sabine throwing Evans out of the car to lighten himself.

Yeah - but unfortunately he was allowed back in.

• Like 2

Anyone know if there is a Lotus at all in the new Series? Maybe an Exige or Evora 400?

I watched the preview and to me it looks like everything I hated about the old one, without anything that I loved. Big fast cars that no one can afford and them acting like knobs, without the "We were given £x to buy the best car we could and meet at...." which are the bits I used to enjoy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I am with you Kimbers in that I also really liked the cheap car challenges.  Maybe that will come once the team have bedded in a bit.

Have to say I am looking forward to this - I seem to be in the minority that do like Chris Evans and its been best part of a year since any new decent car shows on TV,

its going to be completely different......

yeah right....

looks completely different.......nothing like the old one

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Nice home story about Sabine Schmitz: http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/sabine-schmitz-moderiert-top-gear-die-chefin-im-ring-a-1088200.html

Unfortunately only in German, but on Germany's top news site.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ha ha loved the bit about the man refusing to get out of her M5 ring taxi because he had "crapped in his pants and it smelt terrible' - lol....

Nice article that.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

New series starts on the 5th March.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Possibly now, it has a chance.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Not sure myself, the advert looks a bit pants :(  Hopefully the three presenters bond well though and it may stand a chance though, :)

A

Hmmm. But Corrie has Kym Marsh in it :wub:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I didn't think the teaser (ad) was too bad. At least there isn't as many people as in the cast of Moses hosting it anymore.

Don't know why I'm worried really, it's not even on here on free-to-air.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Dan & I are off to the filming on 22 Mar.

You can sign up for tickets here http://lostintv.com/

The more the merrier

I applied yesterday evening, got the tickets this morning :)

I've just applied for 29th

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I applied yesterday evening, got the tickets this morning :)

Do they email them or post?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks Chris. Still don't really understand how easy (if I get them) that was. Wasn't there like a 7 year waiting list to get on the Clarkson, May and Hammond version? Or was that one of those modern day myths you hear about?

I think it was a modern myth. I wasn't expecting to get any.

I saw this on PH yesterday, thought I'll give it a bash, and I applied for 2 thinking that I might get one, whenever the ballot was drawn. 2 arrived in an email this morning. Asked a fellow Lotus owner close by, but they couldn't get the time off work, so posted as thread offering the ticket, and in a flash @Dan E was there :) I guess it's first come first served.

I'd expect an answer in the morning or, as it's the weekend, on Monday.

Quite an interesting site. I may well use it in future.

I last went there back in 2007 and had a play on the top gear track which was a bit of fun but not been in the studios. I applied for 4 thinking I may get 2. Fingers crossed anyway.