free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 35 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mayevora

Top Gear - New Series

I wasn't expecting 2 tickets and I had no idea if anyone would want to go! Was really pleased my spare ticket was snaffled up so quickly :thumbsup: - so especially pleased to be going with another Esprit owner.

The "I guess it's first come first served" was meant to be about the ticket allocation, so I think Ian might have a few going spare after the weekend if his experience is like mine :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not heard a dickie ☹️

Must have been put in the 'old bugger' and unwanted pile lol.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

There's still availability on the website, maybe delayed due to the weekend?

It could be that because I asked for 4 male tickets and they require an equil split of Male/Female for the audience, we didn't meet criteria. Or maybe if they can't fill with equil split they will leave late to reply - maybe? "we review every ticket application individually and we'll let you know as soon as possible if yours has been successful"

As it's the very pc left wing BBC I will ideally need to be an unemployed 30-35 year old middle class gay Eastern European female with a disability to qualify. ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Chris i got two tickets through today for the same day so I am going to take my Nephew with me so that should free up 1no of your tickets, still up for meeting up though. 

Can I say yes please?

I heard back. 

"Unfortunately, we have been unable to allocate you tickets for this recording due to overwhelming demand." :(

I've got one going spare still for 22/3 - unless @Dave Eds has also been unlucky with his application

☹️ Just had my reply

Dear Ian,

Thanks for applying for tickets to see TOP GEAR 2017 at Dunsfold Park
Compass Gate, Dunsfold Road
Surrey
GU6 8HY, on Wed 29 March at 1:00pm. We are sorry for the delay in responding, some aspects of the ticketing were being finalised this week so we are only now able to process your application.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to allocate you tickets for this recording due to overwhelming demand.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused and we hope to see you at another recording soon.

Kind regards,

Strange that 29/3 is still available on the website - must be too many men applying

@Dave Eds - will sort out timings etc. next Thursday.

Had tickets for 5th April confirmed. ?

No Stig, Back to the old track, Interesting how they've changed the celebrity. I agree with Andy,

Lot of shots of the Esprit in Extra Gear.

Esprit was a nice surprise. 

Not convinced by much of the rest of it but will keep watching, naturally, it's a big budget car show. Nice to have two now instead of one.

• Like 1

Well that was a nice reboot. Plenty of room for improvement but a nice moment overall, I'm glad they retained Chris and Rory  not sure about how much"Joey Tribiani" they should burden Matt with. the star segment was an interesting take on the concept.

Quite enjoyed that......back to 3 of them and not Evans and the hangers on......

As people have already said..room for improvement.....but it needs to evolve into its own thing so give it a bit of time......Matt Blanc still seems very wooden......I'm sure he'll relax too........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Right, what is chassis number, where did they get it from etc etc?

topgear.png

• Like 1