free hit
counters
Top Gear - New Series - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mayevora

Top Gear - New Series

The website link you posted up gave me the editors email bud. Pfft, if anyone can change it he can.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Of Top Gear online, the contact for the tv show requires you scrolling down the page a couple of inches! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Well you should make it clearer! Crikey. Do I have to do everything? :whistle:

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I've resent it.;)

Maybe I should put my email in here, so everyone can copy/paste it and we can DDOS them ;) Until they bring on the Evora and Exige in TG :D :D :D

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

ha ha - e-mailed, and now 're-e-mailed'! Might even send them one daily!!!

E-mailed the editor... anyone got the Stig's addy?  :smoke:

ps If all else fails can't we offer to chain an Exige to the gates? 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

emailed

ANNDDD just got the auto reply.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

half way through tonights episode and it's boring.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

did not think it was that bad.You obviously have not been to a council meet yet

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Just thought it was a load of nothing, three fast cars and them dicking about as they have before, nothing different.

But do agree with you about council meetings zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Pretty average.. that US feature must've cost a fortune to produce though. Shame they could've have thrown an Evora in the mix there, probably illegal in the US though, no gun rack or cup holder. 

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

For me it just does not make me laugh as much as older programmes, it's lost it's sense of humour. Agree, affordable fast cars with a mix of the exotic.

I used to look forward to the next installment, now I could almost take it or leave it..

Sorry top gear, but you need something different.

Dave

Well Clarkson did talk some sense for once despite stating the obvious town centres are dying because people like me do not go into towns anymore due to overzelous parking wardens. I think I mentioned in a post a while ago I took my daughter to see Paloma Faith at the Portsmouth Guildhall and at 11.30 on a Saturday night there were swarms of them giving out tickets left right and centre. I still watch every Sunday night though

Yawn. Like I said before, that feature would have been so much better with 3 affordable sports cars rather than 3 supercars.

What was in the first episode? I've been searching here on channel 9 (who took it from SBS) and the only thing I can find on Free-to-Air is 24th April at 10pm with Slash and Kimi as guests.

Channel 9 well and truly stuffed TG up here.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Yawn. Like I said before, that feature would have been so much better with 3 affordable sports cars rather than 3 supercars.

Wanna bet the 3 TG presenters will think otherwise??? ;)

BTW that new Vanquish is sooooo beautiful.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Agreed.... odd choice of super cars too, aside from Alan Partridge I can't see who would spend £3-400k on a Lexus, the Yank tank probably does and 8 gallons to the mile and can you even buy a RH drive version? The Aston's nice but I wouldn't have felt cheated if TG had chosen a model affordable to anyone other than premier league footballers. 

I'm not enjoying this series so far, it seems like the edge has gone, maybe all those complaints from the caravan club have finally got too much for the producers? 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

HT leads?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Sorry to be a disenting voice but I just watched episode 2 and I really enjoyed it.  They are not carrying out proper road tests so why not use supercars rather than affordable sports cars as you won't get any useful buying advice from them in that sort of feature.  Mick Fleetwood was entertaining too.

I suspect it's become fashionable to say Top Gear has lost it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Ok. No-one tell me then. :(

And just emailed 'em again about reviewing the Exige S

I am with Trev in that I am enjoying it.

I also agree with everyone who has said its not what it was, but as for everything else on telly - give me a bad TG rather than no TG.

If you do want a serious car programme, a new series of Fifth Gear is coming to Discovery very soon.

I enjoyed it, them dicking about with 3 cars I can only dream about. OK so the same formula they have been using for a long time but hey I still laugh at fart jokes ;) And has been mentioned before there is always 5th Gear for a more car focused program!

And as I record it I can choose to F/F thru the bits I think are boring...who was the guy in the reasonably priced car last week? I got bored when they started talking about football so hit F/F...enjoyed Mick Fleetwood this week though :thumbsup:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400