free hit
counters
elite 2.2 wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

elite 2.2 wanted

Good morning - I'm new to this and have just signed up, so if anyone knows of a lovely Lotus Elite 2.2 available for sale, I'd love to hear from you.

It has to be a manual car in good condition rather than a project but happy to listen to what's on offer

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just have paitience, they do come up for sale. Look at the normal outlets, Ebay, www.carandclassic.co.uk, pistonheads, gumtree, etc. There's been at least five for sale in the last 3 four months, that said only one has been close to ok out of the box. So if you are looking for a lovely one you might be in for a long wait. In lovely condition the S2 will commend some $$ compared to the S1..

Cheers Dyna

Welcome to TLF Simon. :welcome:

Best of luck with the search.

Any questions, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Thank you for the warm welcome people - everybody appears to be very enthusistic about this product and not at all Elitist............, if you'll excuse the pun

All Lotus cars seem to have a great supportive following and everyone looks to be helping everyone else out

Thanks again

It's just one of those things - I can't really explain what it is.

Clearly the later cars with the galvanized chassis and better engines and gearboxes appear to be favoured and it was seeing a really original one of these cars recently in the metal (or plastic!) that got me hooked.

I've always liked the look of the cars and I like their proportions, almost like a shortened Lamborghini Espada, but the trouble is, I think their shape is perhaps becoming fashionable again and people are realising that they can be a usable classic. With so few made, I don't hold out much hope

Cheers Paul

Simon

Hi Simon, like yourself I really had to have one of these, not quite sure why, although I bought the Corgi model at age 13 . Since I started looking for one at the beginning of last year, I was a bit surprised at just how many 2.2s were on offer considering the tiny number made. I must have come across 3 or 4.

The one I chose 8 months ago, I really did pay too much for considering almost everything under the bonnet except the engine block itself, carbs and radiator has had to be replaced now (even though it kindly carried me home 130 miles away the actual day I bought it ).

But the interior is way better than average for the car`s age and despite the trouble I still think the car`s fantastic ! Good luck !

Dan

Thanks chaps

Whereabouts are values on these things?

I noticed that an earlier S reg car failed to sell recently at auction as the reserve was not met

Does anyone know anything about an earlier Elite, Reg Number:

UOH194S?

Apparently has had a Getrag 'box conversion plus some restoration years ago.

Any ideas of value in the marketplace of an earlier car like this? Clearly it's not a 2.2 with a galvanized chassis but perhaps beggars can't be choosers.

Should I hold out for a later car to come along or would something like this get me started?

Thanks everyone