free hit
counters
Dripping Help... - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Dripping Help...

Hey Guys,

Had some coolant loss and managed to isolate drip, it's coming from here more when engine is running not really when off unless i fiddle with the hose a bit:

Dripping from here

Its on the left hand side of that thing(?) behind the turbo - you can see a little damp patch below. Possibly related to my earlier exhaust shearing??? Who knows????

What do you think is the problem and can i do anything to solve it - it's booked in for service 31st July. I'm managing (just) to get to work and back, but i don't want to hurt her - so can cycle if i really must???

Much appreciated guys,

Rog B)

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Had some coolant loss and managed to isolate drip, it's coming from here more when engine is running not really when off unless i fiddle with the hose a bit:

Dripping from here

Its on the left hand side of that thing(?) behind the turbo - you can see a little damp patch below. Possibly related to my earlier exhaust shearing??? Who knows????

What do you think is the problem and can i do anything to solve it - it's booked in for service 31st July. I'm managing (just) to get to work and back, but i don't want to hurt her - so can cycle if i really must???

Much appreciated guys,

Rog B)

Looks like the turbo cooling line fitting on that side (brass elbo on the left side of the picture). I also had to replace mine due to leaking after I disturbed everything first time I removed the exhaust manifold.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Thanks a lot Travis,

Is it something that i can get by without doing until 31st?

Or shall i order the part and attempt to fit it?

Simple or a can of worms?

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Thanks a lot Travis,

Is it something that i can get by without doing until 31st?

Or shall i order the part and attempt to fit it?

Simple or a can of worms?

Rog

I used a brass elbow from my local home depot store. The original flare fitting tend not to like being moved at all. I think I replaced them with tapered pipe thread and teflon tape.

Remove the heatshield, but you can do it with the turbo in place. A slow drip won't hurt too much, but if you start loosing alot of coolant and over heat (the engine or the turbo)... then that would be bad. So keep an eye on the coolant level.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

I used a brass elbow from my local home depot store.  The original flare fitting tend not to like being moved at all.  I think I replaced them with tapered pipe thread and teflon tape.

Remove the heatshield, but you can do it with the turbo in place.  A slow drip won't hurt too much, but if you start loosing alot of coolant and over heat (the engine or the turbo)...  then that would be bad.  So keep an eye on the coolant level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK - Travis, will do and thanks once again for your help.

Will do my best and keep it topped up.

Regards,

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg