free hit
counters
Cat bypass pipe - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done that in the 400  20mph-70mph -20-70-20-70, only the fun police put on the "Incident 40mph" signs when I was half way through. I'm pretty sure that I was "the incident" as there was nothing else a

Mines in tomorrow :-) Will post feedback on sound, feel and price.

Just come back from Birmingham work trip. When it's cold there's not much difference in sound (I never blip above 2000 rpm until the temp gauge is half way) but when she's hot the noise is wonderfu

Justin,

As you know this is on my next car shortlist of 1. That is unless lots of other things happen elsewhere which are unlikely. I have had a play in a V8 Coupe very briefly when a friend had it for a weekend but that is it. However speak to our fave dealer service manager about them. You may change your mind regards running costs although I know you are like me usage wise as they are basically playthings. He may also be able to help you in the quest of having a play in one if you ask nicely. (There is always e-mail if you want to take this offline)

Almost all the Scottish Evora owners are booked in for one in the next couple of weeks! :D

I asked Craig about this today. All his ordered ones are sold but no delivery dates as yet so don't hold your breath guys. :cry:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Al, Do you know who they are getting to make the decat pipes?

It is from Lotus (Racing I think) that Murray's are getting them, so official parts, but more than that I don't know.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

The Lotus part no. is A132S0177F (made by Janspeed). However, although it would fit any 'S' or IPS it wouldn't fit a pre MY12 N/A Manual as the downpipe is different. So, I'm surprised that Murrays is offering this without adapting/replacing the downpipe too.

What does it sound like?

Spoke to Murrays and they said the part number was for the MY12 pipe. They advised waiting to look at the racing one from the GTN brochure which they are looking at getting in the next 10 days.

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Yeah the car bypass pipe won't fit an NA with a standard back box, only option is sports exhaust or other aftermarket

This is incorrect, it's not the silencer that is the issue it's the downpipe from the headers that is the problem. As you can see on this diagram there are 2 variants, B132S0002F (N/A Manual) A132S0110F (IPS & S).

http://www.deroure.c...SC=0&ST=exhaust

Edited by JAWS

Jaws that was advised by the lotus field engineer 2 weeks ago so I think you may be incorrect - call your local dealer or Christoper Neil and they will both say the same thing I am sure, both said that the NA pipe if for MY 10 & 11 NAs but only with sports exhaust fitted!

I can assure you that I'm correct.

Prior to MY12 there were 2 types of downpipes (B132S0002F - N/A Man & A132S0110F - IPS,S) and 2 types of 3rd CAT (B132S0014F - N/A Man & A132S0108F - IPS,S) both systems could be used with the 2 types of Silencer (C132S0003F - NA Man, IPS & A132S0154F - S) but are not interchangeable with each other due the linking point of the downpipe and CAT being of differing orientations.

So to prove that the information you have was either misheard or incorrect, if the silencer was the issue as you state, explain how the IPS uses the standard silencer but utilises the later downpipe and CAT?

For ref. MY12 on all variants use the same downpipe, decat pipe (or CAT for federal market) and have new silencers (with actuator valves)

I can assure you that I'm correct.

In case you need any reassurance, I can assure you that he's correct too :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sounds like Craig at MMC is/was badly informed then. He's pre sold the vast majority of his number ordered to N/A Sports exhaust fitted, Pre MY11 owners. Somebody is going to be wrong!! :sofa::laser:

Like the parts website. I think I saw a link previously but never opened it.

Not necessarily, does anyone know whether they've definitely ordered the Lotus (Janspeed) decat pipe, as I know Larini do one that was designed for the N/A manual or have the've got a method of linking the downpipe in the orientation that would make it work?

Edit - If you check out the Larini website you can see perfectly how the orientation of the connection differs between the N/A and S (& IPS) decat pipes.

http://www.larinisystems.com/collection/lotus/evora/larini-race-exhaust-pipe

http://www.larinisystems.com/collection/lotus/evora-s/larini-race-exhaust-pipe

Edited by JAWS
  • 1 month later...

Woo hoo! Parts are in MMC. :thumbsup: My car is in MMC. :thumbsup: I'm offshore for another 2 weeks :veryangry: Still it will be all ready along with a few other mods to paintwork and such like for me coming home. happy%20dance.gif Better start saving & breaking out the piggy bank. :hope:

This will not be his first becuase regards the pipe not fitting NA and earlier cars Craig had his first one in a couple of weeks ago to regig the pipe to fit as part of helping Lotus develop the part so this next batch will definitely fit NA cars. He has sold a bunch of them, so not sure who else on Forum is down for one, but I'll post my thoughts when I get it in 2 weeks. I already had a sports exhaust fitted so it will be in comparision to that. I was also telling Craig that this cars sports exhaust sounds much meatier than my previous car. Just a nicer deeper sound. Porker (with switchable exhaust baffle) owning neighbour was asking me what I'd had done to this one as he'd noticed the different tones every time I gave it any welly in the road.