free hit
counters
Cat bypass pipe - Page 4 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done that in the 400  20mph-70mph -20-70-20-70, only the fun police put on the "Incident 40mph" signs when I was half way through. I'm pretty sure that I was "the incident" as there was nothing else a

Mines in tomorrow :-) Will post feedback on sound, feel and price.

Just come back from Birmingham work trip. When it's cold there's not much difference in sound (I never blip above 2000 rpm until the temp gauge is half way) but when she's hot the noise is wonderfu

This is great news. Does it affect warranty at all?

Mine should be here Friday.

:thumbsup: Warren, are you planning on fitting it yourself? If so give me a shout if you want any pointers.

Hi Jim, don't think I trust myself so will get someone else to do it!

Forgot about this thread (also posted in Evora chat).

Just had MMC remove the cat from the Evora and fit the Lotus de-cat pipe. Big thanks to MMC again.

It sounds absolutely epic and completely transforms the sound of the car. The exhaust really comes on song at 4k revs so it's windows down motoring and hunting for tunnels now :-)

The good news is that it does not sound too harsh for normal motoring so you have the best of both worlds.

Definitely recommend it for any N/A owners.

George

Ps Also have the sports exhaust as well so may sound different if you have the standard exhaust.

I have a late 2010 NA with Lotus sports exhaust.

Just spoke to B&C and they offer the Larini decat fitted for £350.

How does that compare?

Well I think the Larini or 2bular decat pipe is circa £150, so they're charging £200 for fitting. Someone who knows the set up well will be able to change it in under an hour.

Mine is going on along with other bits at the moment. :secret: Picking it up from MMC on Friday lunchtime if I get home Thusday evening as scheduled. Too many chopper delays out here for my liking! :scared: Fog because nice weather and chopper 'engines' $hitting themselves.

Great to hear that you think spot on sound now George. btw it isn't a Lotus bit. It is a Craig special through 2bular for us N/A owners. :thumbsup::animier::unworthy::driving:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Thanks JAWS, might be worth some negotiation then!

Has anyone got any recordings of NA with decat and sports exhaust?

And does anyone know what sort of power increase could be expected (if any)?

B&C charging too much money for a simple job - that almost never happens.....

Speak to Jim at 2bular and find yourself a good independent for fitment :thumbsup:

Nice! I assume that's a 2bular?

B&C said that any warranty work would require the cat to be replaced. Has anyone heard anything else?

Yes it's a 2bular - I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on warranty. Although it won't be a difficult switch back if warranty work is needed.....

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

Got mine fitted yesterday from MMC, and initially I was a bit disappointed. Certainly didn't sound any louder than standard. I actually wondered if they had forgot to fit it!

After a few miles I started to notice it more, and it definitely sings better at the higher end of the rev range.. I think I'll need to do some more miles before giving a proper verdict. It was pouring with rain so was taking it easy

Here's an Evora S with decat in a tunnel, though as part of an orchestra of cylinders including an AM V8, Gallardo, Maser GTS and a few Elises/Exiges:

Justin, mine made a big difference. Neighbours and others have all commented - in a nice way! I like the fact not too loud if you want to drive it quietly at times.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Managed to take the car out for a quick blast along a couple of my favourite roads.. I must admit its better, but its not as much of a difference as I was hoping. I think I had read and expected too much of a change.

Still, any extra noise is a good thing and at least its not droning at motorway speeds

I've just picked mine up following the decat being fitted & I also don't think it's made much difference (there is some, but not much). I wasn't expecting much though as it'd make little sense companies selling a full system for over a grand if a bit of pipe achieved similar results.

Al. was round for coffee this morning and it's the first time I have heard his car and it sounded great.Not sure it sounded louder but it definitely has a lovely throaty tone to it.

Wish I had one again!