free hit
counters
plenum purge pump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

over the last few days the plenum purge pump seems to have stopped,

i assume it omly works after a long run when you park up,it does not seem to be affecting anything ( could it be the warm weather or should it be activating more in this weather) i havn't a bloody clue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its controlled by the bottom Otter switch (the one with a yellow dot) of the three on the alloy pipe on the right front of the engine. If you take the purple/pink wire off the switch and earth it or bridge the switch, the purge pump should run with the ignition off. I recently had to replace this Otter switch at a cost of

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Its controlled by the bottom Otter switch (the one with a yellow dot) of the three on the alloy pipe on the right front of the engine. If you take the purple/pink wire off the switch and earth it or bridge the switch, the purge pump should run with the ignition off. I recently had to replace this Otter switch at a cost of

Cooling system | Temperature transmitters

SWITCH 60'-70' (PURGE PUMP) A082M6317F EACH 67.40 +vat +p/p sjsportscars

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I did strip the switch to see if I could repair it. If you take a pair of long nosed pliars and CAREFULLY fold back the alloy where it is turned over the insulation, it is possible to dismantle it. It is a bi metal dome which flips over centre to make or break the connection. I found water had got in and corroded the terminal. I did reassemble it and it worked but at the wrong temp's. As I was not the first to do this, I could not re open the alloy with any success a third time but if yours is good, the operating temp's can be adjusted via a small screw so I think a repair might be an option on a switch which has never before been opened.

If you have no luck, PM me and I'll tell you a tale which might just help.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti