free hit
counters
Issues when accelerating hard. - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lemoncurd

Issues when accelerating hard.

Hi all,

The last couple of runs I have been having issues with the car under hard acceleration (3rd,4th,5th heavy throttle) - an example situation would be overtaking. The boost kicks in, however at around 3500-4000 revs, the car seems to lose power and judder, almost as if the engine is getting flooded... This is accompanied with a number of backfires from the exhaust... It is literally as if it is coughing! If I back off, I the "coughing" stops. The power loss is enough to prevent making a maneuveur as you seem to lose most of the acceleration.

I have attached a freescan log that I took on my private test track/airfield. Previous forum topics describing symptoms like this mention fuel starvation as a possible cause. On the logs, I notice that around this time there is a BLM cell with a stupidly high value (~140) being used :) ... would this correspond to that problem?

If so, can anyone suggest what I should be looking at to try and solve this issue... I am an absolute newbie at these things so "Dummies guide" descriptions would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Ben

freescan.zip

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooo would have had a look for you Ben as well but I cannot make head or tale of that file - try and grab it as a CSV if you can, makes viewing a lot easier with MS excel.

There's a multitude of things you can check - have you got the LEW freescan manual....if you're freescanning you need it so you can do your own sensor checks and find out what they mean.

Can you get past the stumble or does it bottle out ?

Does it do the same stuff in neutral or only on load ?

All gears or just high gears (3rd-5th)

Certainly be interesting to see the freescan.

facebook = [email protected]

Oooo would have had a look for you Ben as well but I cannot make head or tale of that file - try and grab it as a CSV if you can, makes viewing a lot easier with MS excel.

There's a multitude of things you can check - have you got the LEW freescan manual....if you're freescanning you need it so you can do your own sensor checks and find out what they mean.

Can you get past the stumble or does it bottle out ?

Does it do the same stuff in neutral or only on load ?

All gears or just high gears (3rd-5th)

Certainly be interesting to see the freescan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'tis a csv file, but I was having problems getting the forum to accept the file so zipped it up. I think windows should extract the file(warm_080706.txt)... renaming it to .csv will let Excel automatically open it.. otherwise let me know and I will mail you a copy.

Yeah, I have the manual... It was that that made me think the BLM values were out, but I am still getting the hang of things so I am pretty much limited to looking for numbers outside the ranges shown in the manual! B)

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

just extracted the txt file from the zip and then renamed it .csv , that worked.

that is alot of data to go through!!!! blm seems to double at around 3k when accelerating then drop back when backing off.

been toying with the idea of selling my s3t and buying a se/s4/gt3.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Guys,

Ben sent me the log file directly and I have just had a look over it and sent him a long email. He is welcome to post my reply if he wants.

Dermot

Edited by Dermot

Hi,

check a fuel pressure. Check also a hose which is going from fuel regulator valve to crankcase breather valve connection.

rgds, B

Hi all,

The last couple of runs I have been having issues with the car under hard acceleration (3rd,4th,5th heavy throttle) - an example situation would be overtaking. The boost kicks in, however at around 3500-4000 revs, the car seems to lose power and judder, almost as if the engine is getting flooded... This is accompanied with a number of backfires from the exhaust... It is literally as if it is coughing! If I back off, I the "coughing" stops. The power loss is enough to prevent making a maneuveur as you seem to lose most of the acceleration.

I have attached a freescan log that I took on my private test track/airfield. Previous forum topics describing symptoms like this mention fuel starvation as a possible cause.  On the logs, I notice that around this time there is a BLM cell with a stupidly high value (~140) being used  :lol:  ... would this correspond to that problem?

If so, can anyone suggest what I should be looking at to try and solve this issue... I am an absolute newbie at these things so "Dummies guide" descriptions would be much appreciated!  :P

Thanks,

Ben

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOTUS Esprit Turbo SE, 1990

P.U.K. racing turbo charger

ECU chip 1.1 bar

Motorsport racing fuel pump

RC racing High Flow secondary injectors

RC racing High Flow primary injectors

custom made titanium free flow exhaust

Electric CC pump

Double size Chargecooler, heavy duty version