free hit
counters
Lotus Exige Roadster - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige Roadster

Corsu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opps!

:D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Erm....surely thats an Elise, non?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

As I asked here, isn't an Exige roadster an Elise, after all an Exige is an Elise with a roof, so if you take the roof off an Exige doesn't it go back to an Elise???

Perhaps someone really clever could explain??

Obviously, I understand what a Higgs boson is & all about dark matter, although I do admit to struggling with string theory and the fact that to prove it you'd need a particle accelerator the size of the planet & because of the mess the Labour government left the county's finances in there's not enough money to build one at the moment, but I'm afraid I have to admit I struggle with this.

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

"Not your thing". Is that vomit inducing interior anyones thing? :huh:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Perhaps its the lighting that makes it look like a 1970s reject?

In black it might work well, but I guess it would not show off the fact it is more "upmarket"?

Of course not long ago upmarket was carpets and a stereo

As I asked here, isn't an Exige roadster an Elise, after all an Exige is an Elise with a roof, so if you take the roof off an Exige doesn't it go back to an Elise???

I'm not sure it's ever been as simple as that. I can see why some might see that though.

Does it represent a good buy to joe public wanting a fast roadster?

The new Boxster S is launched and at £45K it will attract many a punter. How many will push the boat out for the Exige Roadster when its an £11k push.

Similar money will buy you an M3, 1 and half 370Z's, an audi TT RS coupe with 10K change.

I think the £55K asking price for the new exige is a big ask and I dont think the evolution of the styling is that distinctive enough to pull in lots of new punters.

I think you'll be surprised when you compare the prices for similarly equipped cars. My Evora cost the same as the comparably fitted Audi TT RS and Porsche will charge you extra for everything including the passenger seat. Add the price of exclusivity - not seeing 3 of the same car at every traffic light - and the Exige becomes a bargain.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

As with most Lotus models you never get two exactly the same! I do agree with Alex on the styling front, is there a real leap in styling to set it far enough from the previous model?

I still haven't seen the V6 Exige in the flesh yet, if Guy is reading, when are you expecting to secure a demonstrator to test drive? May have to plan a visit for a Coffee and a look see... :)

That is an awful lot of one colour, especially brown looking in these pictures. Breaking it up with some carbon fibre and/or brushed aluminium would make it more appealing to my taste. I can't fault the quality from these pictures though, it looks like a very good job. In fact, I remember Guy telling me that Lotus changed their trim shop around the time my Cup 260 was built (Nov-Dec 2010).

And the good thing is you can buy this Elise V6 Exige V6 Roadster for only £5000 extra... :harhar:

It's the same price as the coupe.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

Now that things appear to be getting back to normal at Hethal hopefully we can see the V6 coupe/roadster demonstrators in the Lotus dealerships some time soon

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Most magazines will be publishing their reviews next Wednesday do dealer demos will be being delivered very soon :)

Evora NA