free hit
counters
Spain - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Spain

I'm off to Spain this weekend. Anyway want to ask me why? Go on, go-on, gwan...

:D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No need....it's all on Facebook, isn't it? Got a great choice of friends there, Bibbo!

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

OK - Anyone not friends with me on facebook wanna ask?

C'mon....

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've just unfriended about 100 people, don't make me add you to the list :lol:

Anyway, Spain anyone?

Evora NA

Well it's nice of you to ask Gert.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to Biggin Hill to get on this...

3-large.jpg

to go here...

Ascari-Race-Track-Overhead.jpg

to accompany a friend who is testing this for a couple of days...

5659344836_1a1af7b7f2.jpg

I also believe other exotica such as this very car will be there too :D

article-1300039-0AACF9E3000005DC-248_468x286.jpg

If I was any more excited I'd really, actually burst :D :D :D

Evora NA

:thumbsup:

Evora NA

I've heard it a lousy circuit, with sh*tty corners and the facilities are crap, not that I am jealous or so :whistle:

pleeeeeeaaaaaase take me with you to that Spanish motorsport heaven ;):D

Should you be able to hear the Ferrari V12 running, in which Klaas Zwart's son Erik, used to drive in Euroboss, pay attention. A Ferrari V10 sounds like a bunch of (loud) violins. That V12 sounds like those violins playing with a whole philharmonic orchestra in he background. I'm not a big Fezza fan, but last year F1 Clienti drove at Spa. There were a lot of V10 high nose F1's, but only one V12... I especially went to Spa to hear that car... such a treat. I'm told the only better sounding F1 engine is a Matra V12, but I never heard one myself.

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Here!! Well, Ronda anyway. Off the track first thing tomorrow :)

post-1-0-20056900-1331630347.jpg

Evora NA

I did ask of they'd do a cheeky barrell roll for us! Unfortunately that's just an upside down iPhone pic!

We flew over at 38,000 feet which just seemed to be a route small jets take, some of the others flew quiet close. Rather than go home the plane is staying here to take us back on Monday :)

Until recently the co-pilot owned an 88 carb turbo Esprit, too cool :D

post-1-0-40361100-1331630385.jpg

post-1-0-41913800-1331630389.jpg

Evora NA

Amazing day today. Got a few laps in a Radical SR3 and the hardware that's here is top drawer!!

For course cars they have Elise S2's and the track manager drives an Exige here most days!

Brilliant experience, Ascari is such a great place in all respects and Ronda is a great place to stay, fantastic food :)

post-1-0-26818300-1331630416.jpg

Evora NA

I've got pics & videos to come Simon. It was a great trip, topped off with landing yesterday and the Evora being sat on the pan with the engine running, door open and heated seat on at the foot of the aircraft's stairs! Amazing!

I'm going to justify the place's awesomeness with a full report, watch this space :)

In the meantime, scroll up as I've updated the pics in this thread with decent sized ones!

Evora NA

in which Klaas Zwart's son Erik, used to drive in Euroboss, pay attention.

Erik gave us a tour of the workshops at Ascari, lovely chap :)

Evora NA

Arrival home...

post-1-0-20514100-1331646203.jpg

Evora NA

Bibs, why did you cut yourself out of the picture?

post-12365-0-75640400-1331647691.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

They can park the Evora just however they like mate, I'd have still nearly fallen over :D

Evora NA