free hit
counters
So, I have Cancer. - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

So, I have Cancer.

Kimbers

I'm feeling a bit of a sook now, I have eye surgery on Monday, a lens replacement, and I'm terrified,

been for a CT scan today, because they have found a problem with at least one Kidney.

Now I know I'm not going to be blind on Monday, and the Kidney thing is probably nothing, it's just the apprehension, so Tony you have my admiration. :respect:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm starting to wish I'd ignored it! The treatement is worse than the bloody disease! Lmao!!

I do appreciate the support from everyone but again, I stress that this is all about you and everyone you know getting to know that they need to be checked, especially over 40. But its not just an old mans sport! So never think you are ok because you're 20, like Bibs :P

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

For what it's worth, I just had my annual physical last month and did my own rendition of "Moon River"...

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Oh My Lord Trev! I had 3 women fighting over handling it the other day. Sadly, they were fighting over sticking a needle in it before carving a slice off.

Its most disconcerting, especially when your Mrs is standing there looking at you sweat as the needle goes into it and you grit your teeth. Still......I might get to like it! Needles at the ready Wendy!!

Actually thats just a joke, It hurts like buggery....which incidently has been done too, with a camera, fingers and, at one point, I am sure they used a dumper truck.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

prostatecancer.jpg

plumber.gif

Prostate Cancer kills 30 British men every day

In other words get checked. NOW!!!

Symptoms of Prostate Cancer

Unfortunately prostate cancer is often 'silent', with no symptoms for months or even years. This is why a screening program should be introduced for all middle-aged and older men without delay and why, in the meantime, you are urged to ask your doctor (physician or GP) for an annual PSA test yourself - see below.

Any urinary or sexual changes should be checked out by a doctor straight away. However, all the following symptoms can have other causes and only a thorough medical examination and tests can determine what causes any particular symptom.

Sexual symptoms can give the earliest indication of problems but they aren't often discussed, probably due to embarassment, and some doctors aren't even aware of them. You are more likely to notice them during masturbation than intercourse, but DON'T BE EMBARASSED!

• Reduced quantity of semen
  • Blood in your semen
  • Pain or discomfort while ejaculating
  • Dry ejaculation (no semen)
  • Delayed ejaculation (semen not released with the first spasm of orgasm)
  • Problems achieving or maintaining an erection

The main urinary symptoms are:

• You may need to wee more frequently, especially at night
  • You may not always make it to the toilet in time
  • It may take longer to start weeing or to empty your bladder
  • You may have to strain to keep weeing or may not be able to wee at all
  • Your urine flow may be weaker than it used to be or you may dribble
  • Your bladder may not feel completely empty when you finish weeing
  • Pain or discomfort while weeing
  • Blood in your urine

Other symptoms include:

• Unexplained pain in your back, hips or pelvis
  • Pain in your testicles or perineum (inbetween your anus and testicles)

If you notice any of these symptoms, go to see your doctor without delay. There's a good chance that they are caused by something else but, if it's cancer, then early detection will give you the best chance of a cure.

sig.jpg

All the best Kimbers, figured something might have been up from your FaceBook posts! We'll be wishing you all the best during the treatment cycle and as others have said they work miracles with cancer treatment nowadays.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

At the risk of adding some levity...perhaps a bad choice of words at the moment...but have you ever heard of the the infamous Cynthia Plaster Caster? Here's the Wikipedia entry, but I assure you, her official website is far more amusing.

Lol, Matt. Levity is always good!

Okay, getting here a little late, haven't been on the forum enough.

Ditto what everyone else says, Kimbers -- THANKS for raising our awareness; I think you've reached a heck of a lot of people, myself included.

Get well soon.

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1983 Turbo Esprit, Investor Edition #03

1991 Esprit SE

In my case I was in denial....worried that the cure might be worse than the disease! Daft, but there you are. Then - whilst I was at my place in France - I got gout...HAD to go to the docs. Local GP Dr. Pitt took one look and said "You need the following tests" and gave me a post it note with a list....most of them I had had done, but there it was..."PSA Test". That's Prostate Specific Antigens. SO...when I got back home...I persuaded my GP to do the blood test and away I went on the conveyor belt! To anyone in the same position as I was, my advice is to choose LIFE and get the test done and whatever may follow.

As for sniffles and flu....that only applies in the Civil Service!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I had my appointment and I was expecting the rubber glove. All they done was a blood test and I will find out later.

Boots that was Tonys point we dont go, but in the case of this we do.

I was asked why do I want this check, I don't need it if I haven't got any symptoms. I said you don't know whats wrong with your car until it brakes down. But if you have a service once a year, it keeps it running.

sig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know I haven't been around the forum for a while.. But I just wanted to wish you the best Kimbers!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Cheers guys. 2 weeks left of treatment. Can't wait for it to end, its not nice.

I am hugely gratified that many of you have taken what I said and done something about it. Its really important that men "get over" the fear that comes with checking yourself or admitting you might have a problem.

Glad the end is in sight buddy. I just got checked out again as part of my annual and got the old rubber glove and PSA test.

But I heard you specifically asked for the rubber glove test! Apparantly they said "But Sir, we can do all that with a blood test now" at which point you were heard to say "Use the glove or I'll get someone who can".

Isn't the result the same 'in the end'? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I think the innuendos have pretty much been exhausted now, and further efforts might be perceived as a breech of etiquette.

Kimbers, I'm glad that the light at the end of the tunnel your treatment ordeal is nearing the finish line. We are all pulling for you, and fully anticipate a positive outcome. Keep your spirits up, and quit pinching the nurses!:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

:( Just heard my Chemo hasn't worked so they have no option but to operate now.

Frankly, I heard an hour ago and am just a little gutted.

4 weeks convalesence, 2 weeks with a Caffeta in, removal of the skin on the.....organ...... and replacement with skin off my inner thigh.

Sadly it will effect my erm....male ability to procreate...or practice.... permanently.

I've said it once I'll say it again!

Don't leave anything that looks funny for any length of time. I left mine for 6 months and it was too late to treat! Please guys.

I won't be on for a day or 2, I'm about to go and get very very drunk :)