free hit
counters
Lotus LMP2 News - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLF News

Lotus LMP2 News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ok I know that Lotus is footing the bill for this one but A BMW Judd powered Lola ran by a german squad doesn't make this thing a Lotus!!! Even if one or two official Lotus drivers are involved and the company spends money on the thing!!!

Good effort I say, and i will be cheering these guys on next month at Le Mans.

Not many actual Lotus race cars ran Lotus engines, and as a comparison the sports racers of the 50's and 60's all ran either Coventy Climax engines or Ford engines.

Yesterday at Spa 4 Mercedes trucks in "Lotus F1 Team Renault from Enstone livery" arrived with 2 Lola chassis and BMW Engines. All that was missing is a Lada logo... :D

Let's hope they do well this weekend.

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

With results as they got this weekend at Spa, I honestly can not see the benefit for branding the LMP2 cars Lotus.

This is turning into a second Indycar disaster scenario. I still think the Motorsport directors/managers postions need a re-think.

Edited by Exploded

So you wish them well Gert (post #10) and then in the very next post (#11), you say it's all a bad idea? Make up your mind Gert.

And one indifferent result does not indicate how well they may or may not go.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Michael, I said I hope they do well, as I hope for every team, they do well. But the fact is Lotus is doing everything in Motorsport these days, I believe it's matter of time and Lotus is into snowscooters or jetski's as well ;). They are gearing up with other partners, which are not doing well (except from "Renault from Enstone" aka Renault F1 aka Benetton aka Toleman). Well doing nothing is maybe not better, but the bad thing is that they are not in control of the situation, they can do ZERO about it. That is sad andwhat worries me and that is why I say it's bad doing some branding, when you can not point your finger when things are turning out to be disastrous, as it is here and in Indycar. If you can not control it, then leave it imho.

And 29th place out of 34 cars and a car that is supposed to last 24 hours which has to give up after 2 hours, that is not indifferent imho. I went to see the race, they were nowhere. Even the most positive people couldn't see a sparkle of hope. They have to turn it upside down, we are only 2 months away from Lemans...

Edited by ramjet
No need to quote the post directly above yours

Well that Lotus official team is the Colin Kolles Kodewa Racing... And when was Kolles successful for the last time? It was not in F1 with Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force India/HRT! Not in DTM with his TME team always running a 1 or 2 year old car! Not in LMS even thought they were running Audi R10 (yes they were also a couple of years old). I know Kolles organization was highly successful at one point but I just cannot figure out when!

And why dilute this effort with the Rebellion racing sponsorship!?

And why dilute this effort with the Rebellion racing sponsorship!?

That team is called REBELLION Lola - Toyota... Where is the Lotus in this?

I added a Lotus logo on my daily drive Mercedes yesterday, does that make it a Lotus now????

A lot of Alfa, Lancia and Fiat morons think they drive a Fezza, when they add a Fezza sticker to it, and one can argue about that, as Fiat owns around 90% of Ferrari. But in this case Lotus own 0.000% of Rebellion... Don't fool yourself, Lotus is just a sponsor.

Uh, and does Lotus owns any share in Kodewa? Do they provide anything but sponsorship and a name to this team?! Besides I was more thinking about what Kolles must think! Cause he signed a deal to sport the black and gold livery and the namesake! He gets to the track and suddenly he sees a different car though very very similar sporting the same black and gold livery and the same logo!

Now you are a casual endurance fan and you go to the track and you see four cars in black and gold, two are Lotuses and two are not!

Guess who is who!

L9-IMG_3591.jpg

L9-IMG_3594.jpg

Edited by ramjet

I agree, I was there with some friends, they just couldn't understand it, why one is a Rebellion and the other is a "Lotus". Then they asked is this the Lotus V8 which is in the Lotus (pointing at the new Esprit engine); I said hell no it's a rebadged BMW... at that point they gave up in trying to understand what is Lotus and what is not...

Ok so here's the thing, this car ^^ (#13) is not one of the two Lotus LMP2 cars.

It's one of the Lola TMG Rebellion Racing - sponsored by Lotus - LMP1 car!

Edited by NedaSay

Well take a look at the future

http://www.endurance...ocus-11420.html

2012_WEC_Lotus2013.jpg

James Key (formerly Sauber Tech Director) is in charge of design. ADESS A.G will engineer it. Kodewa is in charge of running the cars and paid for them and Lotus does what they appear to love doing these days they brand it!

LotusLMP2_2013.jpg

This Lotus will be made made in Germany!!!

But I do like the Idea going to Le Mans with a chassis that is an original piece and that in all logic should see a race application of the new factory V8! Starting in privateer P2, before upgrading to full factory effort P1 in 2014 The question being was this project greenlighted by DRB Hicom or is it the last move from Bahar as CEO!

And how can they put Daniel Simon's work forward! that is shocking! He's a hollywood graphic designer that's all he is!!!!

Edited by NedaSay

James Key now works for Lotus as their motorsport technical director, I understand, so this is Lotus going back to its roots, designing racing cars for customers.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE