free hit
counters
Design of the Lotus type 907 engine. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Design of the Lotus type 907 engine.

Forum member Mike Brewer (cbclotus) descovered this technical document on the Lotus type 907 engine, written by the then Engineering director of Lotus, the late Tony Rudd.

Published by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in 1973, it covers some interesting points on the design and development of the engin, and reveals some of the problems that had to be overcome.It clears up a few myths and missconceptions that have been printed about the engine in the past.

Thanks again for Mike allowing me to post this interesting document on the forum for all of us to share. :lol:

TRudd9071.jpg

TRudd9072.jpg

TRudd9073.jpg

TRudd9074.jpg

TRudd9075.jpg

TRudd9076.jpg

TRudd9077.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to having enough time to read it :lol:

I got to see how different the 907 actually is from the turbo engine up close, care of John (Esprsplt) Who's also a great guy :(

Think we both came to the conclusion that we wouldn't mind trading cars :D (At least that's the conclusion I came to) Even with the engine out on his car!

Slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Wayne thank god you got it ,at last :lol: hope you all enjoy reading it i enjoyed reading it but i am no spanner man like your good self but i have read a lot on the lotus 907 engines ,after owning a few jensen healeys when younger ,nice cars ,looking foreward to meeting you all at lotus factory , cheers mike :D

Yes, we got there in the end Mike! :D

I also have all the pics you sent me of OPW 679W displayed on the wall of my shop

We dont have any spanners in North America, we have to use wrenches instead :(:(:lol:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Went to an IMechE lecture by Tony Rudd in Coventry where he talked about the V8 engine. Didn't get a copy of the paper, though.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Sadly, I never got to see him or hear him speak.

Was it an interesting lecture Trev? :huh:

I marvel at that BRM H 16 engine he designed (with a pencil) :D

1968_brm_h16_engine.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
Sadly, I never got to see him or hear him speak.

Was it an interesting lecture Trev? :D

Yes, it was very interesting. It was one of those lectures that packed out the meeting hall at the Leofric Hotel in Coventry. Many of the lectures had about 10 people listening but Tony's was as popular as one the Patrick Head gave. And I can remember more about Tony's than Patrick's. In fact I wrote a precis of it and send it to CLub Lotus for their mag but it never got published. So much for my journalistic career. :huh:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE