free hit
counters
Castle Combe - 26th May - Page 3 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Castle Combe - 26th May

TLF News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will be there too

1&2. Bibs & Laura

3/ Trevsked

4. sparky

5&6. Bazza & Emma (Probably in the Elise as it needs a run)

7. Esprit22

8. Nigeninja & tasteless interloper who doesn't even count.

9. Herr Paul C

10. Ian May - I'll be up there by 8.30am. Got to be gone by 11.30am

11. GasmanGT3

12. Simon350S + 1 and a picnic if the weathers nice :)

13. Mike - MPx

14. Mark B and son Henry in the Esprit Turbo.

15. Mattwatts and jake will give the S1 a run, Let hope its sunny this year !

16. Martyn. I'll settle for it just not raining, sun will be a bonus !

17. Steve930 +1

18. lyndon +1

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

MOT Fri afternoon...fingers crossed :)

1&2. Bibs & Laura

3/ Trevsked

4. sparky

7. Esprit22

9. Herr Paul C

11. GasmanGT3

13. Mike - MPx

17. Steve930 +1

18. lyndon +1

19. Punky... did somebody say picnic....smoke me a kipper....I'll see ya for breakfast :guitar:

• Gold FFM

1&2. Bibs & Laura

3/ Trevsked

4. sparky

7. Esprit22

9. Herr Paul C

11. GasmanGT3

13. Mike - MPx

17. Steve930 +1

18. lyndon +1

19. Punky... did somebody say picnic....smoke me a kipper....I'll see ya for breakfast :guitar:

20.Skiing - Esprit S3 (only for the morning) but which I will hopefully clean in time...

Anytime, no rules!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

For my birthday Laura has treated me to a nice trip to a lovely hotel in Dorset so there's a solid chance I'll not be along now! Have fun, enjoy the weather :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Me too...

1&2. Bibs & Laura

3/ Trevsked

4. sparky

7. Esprit22

9. Herr Paul C

11. GasmanGT3

12. Simon350S + 1 and a picnic if the weathers nice

13. Mike - MPx

17. Steve930 +1

18. lyndon +1

19. Punky... did somebody say picnic....smoke me a kipper....I'll see ya for breakfast

20.Skiing - Esprit S3 (only for the morning) but which I will hopefully clean in time...

21.Simon + son tommy

Nice to see everyone today and what glorious weather. One on the guys that came down with us had some very nice film equipment and will be putting something together so looking forward to that. I'll post a link when it's done.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

The weather was superb today at Castle Combe but I struggled to see many faces that I recognized. Viv and I had a chat with Rob C beside his Sport 350 and then wandered around. The only other person I knew was a rather wilted looking Alan Morgan (well, it was hot). The funny thing is, I recognized quite a few cars but they seemed to be driven by new owners. I guess I was just noticing the changes as I've been a club member for around 12 years now.

It was nice to see some other poor devil lugging around a camcorder and tripod though.

Alan

• Gold FFM

Superb weather, lovely to meet up, great drive there and back - a perfect day. Was too busy enjoying myself to take any pics, but wookie took a bunch of yours on the track, Mike, if you're interested? Thanks for the ride!

And who was the owner of that GORGEOUS YELLOW GT3 (internets take note) that we met Eastbound on the M4? We could have been twins. :thumbsup:

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

great to meet fellow owners at CC today,fab weather, cant believe i forgot to take me camera though!!, nice drive up from Cardiff with the guys from CLSW, Robs Sport 350 is a beast,

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

• Gold FFM

C'mon Sue - what's the skinny?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sorry Sparky I didn't know it was compulsory to comment!!

Had a great day in the sunshine, and of course it was a pleasure to see some familiar faces.

Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced 5th gear and reverse seems to be an optional extra so my personal mechanic will be at work tomorrow with his regular wages of coffee and bacon sarnies :)

Look forward to the next meet.

Yours sincerely (after being bullied by Sparky)

Sue

Thanks Nige....Lionel's looking good in those. And yes please Gary/Chris I'd love to see the others you got. Either email, or maybe best I bring a disk up with the car when I come up for its annual fettle and you can put them on CD for me.

Sadly the car started making a bad rumbling noise after a while and its definitely getting worse - could feel it through the throttle pedal, steering wheel and seat on the way home and it also sounds a bit laboured. Overall, its not happy! B****r!

On the other hand it did get me home quite quickly which is more than can be said for the "L" reg Norfolk Mustard Esprit I saw on the hard shoulder of the M4 westbound soon after I left. Felt a complete B'****d not stopping, but apart from beying of no practical use myself, I was a bit concerned about Lionel making thre trip so wanted to keep going. Hope you got going again and home safe whoever you are - and apologies!

Great to see all who made it - not at all a bad turn out, although I agree with Alan P it wasn't just the usual suspects this year but still lots of lovely machinery. Track sessions were ominously underpopulated. Ideal for those of us taking part, but I do worry that with such a low demand for track action, Alan M may end up having to up his prices even more, or worse still stop running the day. I do hope not, that was my 20th straight year and it still gives me a buzz when I get some of those corners spot on - shame I cant do it more consistently!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Sue - I saw you communicating with your pit chief & guessed something was wrong! Take the engine out, John.

I jumped in because she couldn't get 5th gear.

All sorted now though :)

Just the crossgate cable needed adjusting.

Now Sue has 5th and reverse.

Naturally I took the engine out to get better access.

John

Edited by Mr_John111

Forgot to mention that I think thanks are due to Alan Morgan and Club Lotus for sectioning off and keeping clear our "usual" area by the circuit fence - first time I can remember that such a thing has worked. Sadly no TLFers turned up much before 11 and the pressure on space by 9:45 was getting a bit awkward so I removed the barrier and opened up the space to LEC and SLOC. I think Mark and Boots/John were just about the only TLFers to benefit from the arrangement. So if anyone was bothered about where they parked ... it was probably my fault :blush: and certainly not Club Lotus!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny