free hit
counters
PANIC! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

PANIC!

Isn't that what the govt has just told us to do?

Didn't they say to fill up jerry cans with fuel? Isn't that illegal?

Isn't the strike in a week and there will be more deliveries before then anyway?

Aren't politicians off their heads?

Any finally, a strike? WTF? Did I read that tanker drivers earn £45k or so anyway, how much do they want for driving a lorry, isn't twice as much as a nurse enough already!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danger money?

Apart from in Bad Boy II, has there been a single case of a tanker exploding in the past, say, 30 years?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not sure about this one. At first site the politicians have messed up by creating a panic but at end of the day its the public that are doing the panicing and went did anyone last listen to what a politician says?

But think about the effect of this action for a second. Yesterday sales of unleaded where up 80% plus. In a day or so everyone will have filled there tank and shortly after the fuel stations will have restocked. So we have full tanks and full stations which means any strike which date has not been confirmed yet will have less effect. Simples.

The floor in this argument is that this effect was planned ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

The flaw in the observation is that the Politicians are bloody morons for instilling a stupid message and panic into the general public, who lack common sense at the best of times.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Danger money?

Apart from in Bad Boy II, has there been a single case of a tanker exploding in the past, say, 30 years?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018162/Gas-tanker-driver-killed-fireball-flipped-truck-explodes-sets-houses-ablaze.html

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Errrr, thats in the United States, This is the UK !!!!!!!!!!

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

This was a master stroke.

A large proportion of the country now has full tanks (along with various jam-jars full of fuel in the shed) so a strike will have much less of an effect. Um, assuming we all stop driving for a week. Or maybe two.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Our local Sainsbury were out of diesel at lunchtime.

I hope that when I do actually need diesel early next week this stupidty will be over and I will be able to fill up at a quieter than normal filling station.

Guest surferphil

I'm timing it just right so the petrol stations will be full of fuel and all the retards will have cars full of fuel and I don't have to que! :)

Then when retards all run out on Thursday next week I will already have fuel so won't have to que again the following weekend! :rambo:

Although to be fair the retards will probably have enough fuel for a month seeing as they only drove their cars this week to panic buy fuel. :huh:

Wipe out the unions and spend the money investing in the private sector that pays for every fecking thing in this retard driven island!

I don't remember a nurse bursting into flames while she was forced into a stopped bed pan ...... :turned:

I would be very suprised if in the UK your risks of serious injury at work were not many times higher as a nurse than as a tanker driver. Dont know what its like your side of the pond.

Edited by mdw

The knock on effect if the panic is seriously effecting other industries. With the holidays about to start we are hearing of hotels in this area having cancellations as people are worrying there will be no fuel to get home. This is already a depressed area and it relies in tourism in peak seasons. This panic could end up with places like Devon getting seriously screwed

IPB mobile posting

Twitter @radioRedwards

• Gold FFM

Just paid £1.57.9 to fill up! Think I will be boycotting that Station in the future.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'm timing it just right so the petrol stations will be full of fuel and all the retards will have cars full of fuel and I don't have to que! :)

Then when retards all run out on Thursday next week I will already have fuel so won't have to que again the following weekend! :rambo:

Although to be fair the retards will probably have enough fuel for a month seeing as they only drove their cars this week to panic buy fuel. :huh:

Wipe out the unions and spend the money investing in the private sector that pays for every fecking thing in this retard driven island!

You and I could be best friends Phil! Retards the lot of them!!

I utterly condemn this action -a tiny minority of tanker drivers stopping us filling up with fuel just because they don`t like the level of tax on it.

Well, the rest of us have to pay the tax and put up with it.

-Oh hang on, that was last time. :huh:

We've completely run out this morning.

Was quite amusing watching people queueing down the road at one end of our site, while the tanker was unloading at the other! THERE IS NO STRIKE.!

We had to put extra staff on to cover the rush and will probably be sat around doing nothing next week as nobody will need fuel.

Apparantly the Govt had just bought some Petrol Reserves from the USA. Then theres the announcement about filling up and tie that in with the fact that everyone will have full tanks when the strike happens (If it happens).

Now considering that they said that when demand was up 65% like Wednesday, the govt made an extra £30 million in fuel duty revenue, and the news today says demand was up 170% yesterday.....you do the math.

Am I being cynical or is there a small conspiracy to make the Unions look bad and raise revenue at the same time?

Noooooo must be me. Politicians wouldn't be...dishonest now, would they?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Evora NA

Two somewhat conflicting sayings....

"Pro bono publico, no bloody panico"....which is how Government used to run;

"If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout"....21st century version.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I think it has more to do with, on the Govt side deflecting attention away from the Budget no ones mentiong it now are they?. And on the Union side Unites left wing leader Len McCluskey trying it on with the Gov't. He has tried to stir it up with the teachers and also around the Olympics so this is just another way to go, he is a firebrand.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

They've just announced there's no strike, it would be funny if it wasn't so, well, funny!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294

Evora NA