free hit
counters
What sort of person would do this? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What sort of person would do this?

Just seen this on facebook. Hammer was the tool of choice by all accounts, glass and panels...

Sad :(

546619_261900060568238_100002447382306_554780_1675568162_n.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too subtle, this is a scorned woman...

woman_scorned.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Guest surferphil

All sorts of people, I have been tempted but opted not to because it wasn't the car I wanted to hit. I have more respect for property than I do for most people. :whip:

Seriously though the only way to find out is to know the whole story. What car is it? Looks like a supra.

Could just be theft, if you wanted to smash a car up you'd do every panel.

Though not in ths same league I had the same done to a honda prelude in Enfield, came out to find the rear window bricked and all the drivers door kicked in, and no it wasn't a jealous girlfriend.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

If its only one car things aren't so bad. We've had a lot of this going on here - nearly 100 cars have been burned by hooligans in Hamburg and Berlin last year alone

auto_HA_Sport_Hambu_771768b.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

a bunch of idiots did set on fire some young woman's BMW M5 last year in Vancouver after the Canucks lost the Game 7 of the NHL finals! The car was declared a total loss and the insurance contracted by the young driver was not suficiant to cover it! The sucky part was that it was a leasing plan and she's still paying for a M5 that has burned to the ground! Believe there are plenty of idiots and dumb asses everywhere!

Be careful where you park! And having a red car doesn't help. When I've parked in rough areas I've had trouble, like people jumping in my car / nicking stuff off it. Round where I work in Belgravia I see the same new Astons and Bentleys parked up every day and they don't get keyed or vandalised. Park them up in Brixton and they wont last long! I know people sometimes don't have the choice but then keep it garaged and locked.

Edited by Mark B

50p it went for! That car has hideous glitter paint, I'm sure the current owner is on here!

Evora NA

Not sure if anyone remembers but reminds me of the woman who put her partners Esprit onto eBay for pennies after an argument. It was sold!!

The Esprit was owned by Tim Shaw the TV presenter of 5th Gear.

During a live interview with Jodie Marsh, Kerrang 105.2's Tim Shaw told the glamour model he was prepared to leave his wife and their two children for her. Wife Hayley was listening and said her husband's flirtatious interview was the 'last straw' in their relationship.

After having a few drinks and while her husband was still in the studio presenting his show, she posted an advert on eBay for the Lotus Esprit Turbo with a 'Buy It Now' option of 50p.

The item description read: 'I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street.'

The car sold within five minutes.

LEW

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 2 months later...

I like the outside and I like the inside. Shame they don't really complement each other though.

Looks a darn sight better than it used to.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!