free hit
counters
Replica Crommodora Elite & Eclat series 1 Door Mirrors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Replica Crommodora Elite & Eclat series 1 Door Mirrors

Hi Everyone,

Have just joined your excellent forum, and I am the proud owner of a 1975 Elite 503, which I have owned for 30 years, and a 1981 Elite s2.2, which I have owned for 12 years.

Have read many letters of members trying to source the original Crommodora mirrors to no avail.

However, I have found a source for a credible alternative complete with ball joints, and once fitted to the car look more in keeping with these great cars!

Try Ebay:

New Fiat X1/9, X19 1300 Style Wing Mirror. Also Fiat 128, 127 and Lada

Item number: 290619229578

Admittedly, they are black, rather than chrome, but they look more "lotus like"

For any enthusiast of these fine cars, they are well worth a look!

May chrome mine in the near future!

Will keep you updated on any other "finds" which I may come across.

Thats all for now folks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Iain,

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Pop over to the introductions thread sometime and post up some pics of your car. Everyone here loves to see pics of new members cars.

Any other questions, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi,

Will upload some pics of my pride and joys, when I work out how to upload them.

Cheers,

Iain

Hi Ramjet,

Have chosen a few pics, but had a look, but cannot find "introductions" thread.

Can you please give a few pointers.

Thanks,

Iain

Hi US Andretti42,

Thanks for the linkss, looking into it as we speak.

Cheers,

Iain

post-14288-0-47383000-1333887907.jpg

post-14288-0-44467000-1333888348.jpg

post-14288-0-54321800-1333888855.jpg

Hi everyone,

Forgot to mention the hole centres on the mirrors match the machine screw inserts in the door shell, so no extra drilling is required.

Cheers,

Iain

Hi USAndretti42,

Done and dusted.

How do I now move the pics to my profile page vehicles section?

Please give me a hint.

Thanks,

Iain

HI Iain

That's a great couple of cars you have there. The S2 is the same colour as mine, and has the Riviera bonnet which makes it look just that bit more sporty - no idea why some cars have them and some don't.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your appreciative comments. The S2.2 (Rhona as in Cotes du Rhone) sounds exactly like your Riviera, but without the sunroof.

As far as I am aware she came from the factory like this including the speedlines and full champagne leather interior, and was formerly owned by a oil tanker captain (took me ages to disolve the years of pipe smoke residue from the the glass insert in the central dash!

When my wife was a student nurse over twenty years ago, she used to pass this car every day on the way to work, and immediately took a shine to it and vowed one day I will have a car like that..........she just said, "sure did!"

Over 12 years ago, we found her in dry storage in a barn, and just had to adopt her as Lottie's sister!

She now tells her former work colleaugues "remember that car, well she's mine now!"

Nice speaking to you,

Iain

Hello again Mark,

Would love to see some pics of your car, to compare notes!

Cheers,

Iain

Hi

Nice story, so your wife wanted the exact car way back when? Fantastic. I have a similar story - I first saw mine when it was bought new by a near neighbour, I used to cycle past it on purpose every day and just gaze at it. He kept it for years but sold it to someone else whereafter it deteriorated and sat outside for a long time. I always kept tabs on it though, and eventually got it off the guy when an engine fire meant he was never going to drive it again. Only 27 years of waiting!

This is it being collected, wish I could say it looks better but work has stalled somewhat since I became unemployed. It is receiving small improvement alongside the Eclat as and when.

4900804684_9182e56c6d_b.jpg

.......pipe smoke residue from the the glass insert in the central dash

Not sure what you mean by this? Where exactly is this insert?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hi Mark,

Wow, idenical, but without the sunroof!

Pat first saw Rhona 27 years ago, and when I put her back on the road (the car, not the wife) we took her for a 350 mile road test down to Matlock baths in Derbyshire!

No hiccups whatsoever!

Latest job that has been completed, was to redo the Auto**** side window bodge!

Sourced the last only supply in Hull, of a compound similar to the "solbit" (but without the electrical element)

Very pleased with the results!

Cheers,

Iain

Hi Mark,

Forgot to mention:

Glass panel for the three heater controls below the ELITE 2.2 badge.

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers,

Iain

Hi Dunc,

Thanks for your appreciative comments.

She's not looking to bad for a 37 year old!

Looks even better with the new replica italian mirrors fitted (more sporty).

Just have to paint the filled in third hole in each door shell.

Currently retrimming the boot with new carpet and renovating the chomed mazak gearstick finisher, which had started to crumble to dust!

Have stabilised the deterioriation with Kur rust, and repaired the hole with chemical metal.

Going to try spraying it with chrome out of a spray can (hopefully should get a reasonable result!

Cheers,

Iain