free hit
counters
Tracking the Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Tracking the Evora

Who has/does track their Evora?

How are you getting on? Is the S OK on noise limits, more driveby mics with 'Sport' mode?

How is the car holding up?

If you're not tracking the car, why not?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have, and it's fantastic.

Just confirmed my theory that's it's just about perfect for a long drive to the track, track day, then a long drive home.

It could have possibly done with stickier tyres, but I'm really just comparing it to my old Exige.

I had two or three people asking if I had modded at all as it sounded nice apparently.

The S would be even better with the extra power, I found my NA to be similar pace to the Exige S' that were out on track with me

N/A as quick as an Exige S. I assume it was a fairly open track rather than a twisty? Either way, praise indeed.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Why are you surprised?

More power, but more weight. Not a huge difference in PTW between them.. I think it would more come down to the driver

Knowing that the Exige S is a track focused car and the Evora is a very fast road car surprised me a little that the Evora could keep up with a similarly driven Exige.

Trevor.

Used to track my Elises, but too worried about warranty issues with the Evora. Will consider when warranty expires. Meantime, try to use cars not my own!

Edited by mdavies

Used to track my Elises, but too worried about warranty issues with the Evora. Will consider when warranty expires. Meantime, try to use cars not my own!

Exactly my thinking! I don't want to give them any get out clause no matter how tenuous.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I should really just stump up the money and find an early Evora to track and find out for myself. Only ever seen one on track and that was Silverstone, looked quick too.

Trevor.

I've tracked mine once so far and already booked two more trackdays for this year.

Only issue have been the brakes. Fluid got too hot, but that was something I noticed just as few days thereafter, and many other cars needed there fluid to be replaced right one the track. Pads squeal like hell after the day, the surface glazed. Still no after market pads available over here. Front discs look wavy, but still work well, no need to replace them yet.

However, worth nothing that Red Bull Ring is heavy on the brakes and some other even more track focused cars ruined their brakes that day. Three times braking down from >200/220kph down to <60/80kph per lap.

Centre caps fly away, so make sure that you take them out prior to tracking the car. That is because the rims get hot and press the cap out, it virtually melts away and even if you find it it won't fit any longer.

Tires are excellent, extremely close to my Kumho V700 on my old Elise. Fair enough, I have the Corsas, which are worth every penny. 20-30 minute stints no problem. Needed to lower the pressure by c. 0.3-0.4 bar.

Edited by Sven76

The warranty isn't void if used on track, only in timed events and racing.

True, got warranty claims recognised after the track day! And there could have been an argument for the garage to deny the claim. Comes down to your dealer / garage, and how they manage the request to Lotus.