free hit
counters
Lotus Caliper Watch - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I thought about bidding on this on ebay, but it went to 360 GBP! $551.46 AUD. And it wasn't in mint nick, casing is scratched.

I can't remember what they were new?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251035760021?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sourced about 20 of them from the factory shop and sold them on at cost price, didn't make a dime. Anyone cashes in, remember to send half the profit to your favourite local charity or you'll burn i

TLF auction Kimbers, and donate the profit to charity (after covering your cost)!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LOTUS-FESTINA-WATCH-MEN-CHRONO-BLACK-STEEL-POLY-15678-4-/110719198171?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19c760e3db

How about that one, personally I just need to know the time, so reckon they're all too expensive, but that's just me.

But I do have :-

Lotuswatch.jpg

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I have 2 brand new and still boxed upstairs. Never taken it out.......do I want to keep them both? At that value I might sell one of them.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Wait until the New Lotus regime brings out a new watch and then those ones will go through the roof simply by association!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

There is already a new lotus watch out it is made by TW Steel it's to do with Renault Lotus F1 team. Thinks its about £300. this is it : http://www.twsteeluk.com/twblog/index.php/2011/11/introducing-the-tw-steel-lotus-renault-gp-pilot-watch/

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

IIRC, without some significant money changing hands, there won't be another "Lotus" watch thanks to these people who fail to appreciate the automotive connection. I don't see that the TW Steel watch, despite being black and gold, says "Lotus" anywhere on it. :turned:

I had a hard time spending $100 on a watch over the weekend so I got one for $55, so there is no way I would spend $572.00 (360.00 GBP) on one.

I have two of these. One I use every day and the orange caliper was marked and strap a bit tired so I bought a couple of new straps and orange calipers and it looks like new again.

As for the other one, it's in near mint condition, no marks from what I can see with box but I am not sure if the battery needs replacing as I think it's starting to lose a bit of time? I don't use it to have the time to investigate it more.

My first reaction to this thread was to put it on Ebay and make a quick buck but then I remembered. Whilst my first watch I bought at RRP at a Lotus dealer, the second watch was purchased at Lotus factory via a very kind Bibs or Kimbers (can't remember who sorry?) who sourced a couple of batches left over at the factory. We got a good deal on these so I would feel bad trying to make a profit on this one. If I decide to sell the second one then I'll offer it back through the forum at cost price.

David Walters

I sourced about 20 of them from the factory shop and sold them on at cost price, didn't make a dime. Anyone cashes in, remember to send half the profit to your favourite local charity or you'll burn in the 7th kingdom of hell, for sure.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Rick,

If I decide to part with one then you can have it.

Dragi,

You might want one this add to your Lotus collection? It's coming upto 19 years old now but still have spikes on tread of original tyres!

100_1486.jpg

Edited by superdavelotus

Hi Dragi,

Yes it is mine and is a genuine Lotus mountain bike made under licence by British Eagle cycles at the time. I have the original Lotus handbook somewhere. They made a them in black, magenta and green dependant upon spec of running gear. The green was the lowest one but I liked the colour better! They made them for about 2 years following the Chris Boardman world record (on a racing bike of course). Back in 93-94 they were £800.

Sorry for the thread Hijack, I'll start a new one with a different title.

David

so I bought a couple of new straps and orange calipers and it looks like new again.

Hi Dave

Have you a contact for those bits. I have the watch but broken strap and very tarnished calliper. If I can get them replaced, great!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Ian,

It's Time Products based in Leicester. They only have limited parts left but they do have straps and orange calipers left. I bought mine only last month.

Update!

I've just nicked this from Elan Central

JOHN WILSON

Materials Admin Assistant

====================

Time Products (UK) Ltd

Alexander House

Chartwell Drive

Wigston

Leicester LE18 2EZ

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 116 257 3567

+44 116 257 3569

The bands are pretty cheap (12GBP) so I ordered two. They don't take orders over the web so you'll have to call them directly.

Regards,

David Walters

Edited by superdavelotus

That's more than superb! Thanks Dave.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...

Just for reference Time Products have no straps left. I know cuz I just called them. My strap is just about to break so unless someone has a spare to sell I am going to stop wearing it and just keep it in the box as a collectable.

I wonder if I can make one from some rubber using the clasp from the original, or does anyone know of a strap from another watch that will fit?

Can't believe how much these go for!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Any news on where I can get a strap for this watch.

My one is just at the point of breaking.

If the original manufacturer no longer has stock, you're out of luck Gordon. Perhaps take the OE off and fitting another generic strap as your only solution now.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.