free hit
counters
headlight stuck up - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Came in from a run tonight and after putting car in garage switched off headlights,offside one stayed up. Tried switching them on and off several times but still offside one would not go down.Turned ignition off and still one left up.Any suggestions

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Haven't run across this problem (yet), Peter, but I would just add the obvious: Keep your fingers well clear of the pods while fiddling with the actuator motors or linkages/knobs. Likely preaching to the choir on this, but the pods open and close at approximately 4/5ths the speed of light, and the gap widths are considerably smaller than the diameter of human digits.

Best,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I've had this problem on my S2 and for me it was a dodgy connection on the relays for the motors. A quick fiddle and a clean up of the connections and I've not had it since. Not sure if it's the same setup on the turbo.

I have an issue with my drivers side pod not lifting, have tried connections, and relays and its dead. can you run a live wire direct to check the motor?

Similar problem. Both headlights stayed up when I got home last night. I wound them back  down, and pressed the switch. They went up but again would not go back down when I pressed the down switch, so the fault is consistent. 

I am suspecting a relay. Is there one for the up and one for the down?

Any ideas?

Robin 

The problem might be one of the limit switches inside the motor. When the lights are up one switch opens to cut off power and the other is still closed. When down the switches swap states. But if one of the switches is not contacting it will prevent rotation when up or when down.

The motor can be removed and the cover taken off and the switches checked. They are simple leaf contacts.

Also the headlight switch itself can act up as the terminals get hot and melt the plastics in the switch - try cleaning up / jiggling the switch to see if that helps. I have been through three headlight switches...

Thanks gents. It was the switch.

A clean up and all is well now.