free hit
counters
Lotus future in the UK - Page 7 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

A Tory MP? can't beleive he would lie! oh I maybe getting mixed up with the Tory MP who spoke at the "newspaper" enquiry yesterday; but then dident the PM talk to Malayan PM last week??

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that same BBC article said he spoke to the Proton MD. Full of inaccuracies unfortuantely.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Perhaps an MP is enjoying the exposure and milking it a bit with the BBC being a week or so too late? DRB have said they're happy and things are carrying on as before in their press release.

Exactly this, the BBC don't really want to run the more mundane story (the truth) and just tab it on to the end of the Look East piece to cover themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17829069

And that bloody MP! Now they want to help Lotus stay in Norfolk after doing every thing they can to push Lotus away. Hindering the growth with planning hassles &wanting to make them pay more business rates! Useless bunch of Twa....

Sorry rant over

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

this is a lotus forum so should be above others ..... Though seemingly often now you have weekly 'creep' of news spreading from one auto news mag/site/source to the other ...

Today is first this : http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/04/lotus-owner-seeks-chinese-buyer-for-brand-british-mp-says.html

Then it deteriorates to the Mr Average car site : http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/262473/

And worse still when this story (likely thurs or friday uk time as they are that slow on picking up stories) it hits the Top Gear website .... The Daily Mail or Sun equivalent of auto news ... Who give a clap about hearing what mr focus has to say about a lotus ... He just jealous and envious every time he sees someone driving a lotus!

Really this is what should be read : http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/doc.asp?c=108&i=25578.  .... This is what lotus is and what IS the news

To coin a wonderful word that is so often on Jalopnik, the auto pis-taker site, most people these days believe everything posted on the 'interwebz' .....

Same info, just in a different paper. :sleeping:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Another article in the Telegraphsaying they've hired KPMG to review their future.

Quite amusing. I think this story first made the rounds about a month ago, but the it was supposedly Ernst & Young. I'm excited to see how many more rounds these rumours will go.

Maybe we should start our own.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Lotus sold to Iceland!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yup, that's the fellas. They've bought the lot and are relocating the company to the shadow of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano.

Evora NA

Well I guess Iceland like Hethel is somewhere else Dany Bahar wont be spending much time in!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

My concern is that KPMG are refusing to comment...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Yup, that's the fellas. They've bought the lot and are relocating the company to the shadow of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano.

Makes it easier to get the Carbon Grey colour.

Actually lets hope its Luxembourg not Iceland. :smoke:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

It was my understanding that the Icelandic people had little time for spin, talking bollox and spending money on nothing. So its highly unlikely DB will be moving with the company!

Unless, of course you meant Iceland the frozen food shop! They are in Norwich which means he just needs to locate the factory 7 miles to the top of St Stephens....this has the added benefit that whenever anyone asks questions they can disappear easily and with all those freezers, not stink the joint up!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Iceland smyshland. I heard the whole operation is moving to Bora Bora, primarily to design, develop, and test a whole new line of underwater models. It's a DNA thing I'm told.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Getting back to more serious matters.....

Although I knew Gerard Lopez at Genii Capital was a car guy, I had no idea how obsessed he is. His car collection is featured in the new Top Gear (along with a very positive review of the Exige S) and currently numbers 85 and counting. He's got some astonishing motors, many with outstanding provenance. And yes, he does have a JPS Esprit taking pride of place.

It's a romantic notion to have Lotus bought by Genii (and they are taking a look I understand), uniting the engineering and road car operation with the F1 team. With Lopez in charge I reckon tradition and history would get due recognition but the new car programme would get a fighting chance, maybe even under Bahar who he is best mates with.

The problem is Lotus still needs a few hundred million to make it happen and I doubt Genii could raise that kind of cash. If they are to be sold they need a big industrial and/or motor manufacturer to invest. I wonder if Genii could partner with say Tata and sit alongside JLR?

All idle speculation of course. God I wish they would hurry up and put us all out of our misery!!!