free hit
counters
My Esprit was insulted comments please - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mancunian

My Esprit was insulted comments please

Hehe, there is that.

Some eco green person at work had a go at mine being a gas guzzler...hehe...well the Elise does over 40mpg and I fill it up once in a blue moon and the Esprit is only a 2 litre.....infact I wored out that becuase I dont use the cars daily and they are pretty effieicnt I was actually more eco-freindly than they were.

Hate thing is too true as well - we went to see an asian chap who had a GT3 and he was telling me how people used to spit at the car as he used to drive down this road to work, more than likely to do with his colour but made me sick never the less.

Genital extension thing - had that as well, although I do offer the ladies that say that a 2nd opinion with 1 cheeky remark thats only earnt me 1 slap in the past :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
They maybe very 'eco-green' and see it as a pollution mobile.

They may be all class war and see it as a symbol of rich waste and greed (and again, no thats not necessarily fuelled by jealousy)

They may view supercars as laddy and vulgar (my ex )

They may view them as penis extensions for the under-endowed!

They may just plain not like it!

Of course.... All these explanations also mean that they are clearly mentally incapable and their opinions are not worthy of note!

here here Dr.

I am an Environmetalist before my teaching degree (science education) BSc Sci Ed my forst degreee was in Wildlife and conservation management the Esprit is the last thing to degradate the environment. I am a poorly paid teacher i have a huge knob and i love the Esprit,

as you say mentally icapable and not worthy- as for your ex - we won't go there - everyone makes mistakes!

I LOVE THE ESPRIT OLD OR NEW BATTERED OR BLUE, i even hoon around with my best mate who 'WON' a F360 Modena Spyder so tell that chipolata jockey who isulted you car he's a cock as my mate thinks my car is a bad boy and he gets moist at the sight of it! Oh and his dad had a white S1 back in the day (1980) and now has a F355 and misses just going down the shop in his James Bond G car.

Pub twat bigging himself (he thinks) at a pub tell him to put it back in it's feching garage and fech off"!!!

Peace

Rog B)

Ist The only pile of sh** in the area of the Lotus was the pile of sh** that jumped in through the roof.

2nd If I wanted a penis extension I would get an Allard. That bonnet is long enough for any womans pleasure.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I think the odd jealous comment from people who would like to own an Esprit is not unheard of but from a Ferrari owner (if he was one)?

Who cares anyway life is too short and never let anybody else try to pass on their own unhappinees trying to be spiteful.

Its hot - lets get out there and enjoy our cars!

2nd If I wanted a penis extension I would get an Allard. That bonnet is long enough for any womans pleasure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always thought the same of the Dodge Viper :o

Slade

i heard a young (14-16ya) kid say when i parked out side maplins electronics " WTF is that" uneducated moron :o .then when i got to my parents house, i noticed a big blob of tewed up wet paper on the bonnet and splatter on the wind screen :D

why??? :P

Gee I am going to have to listen more carefully now after this thread! I have only had the opposite reaction to my 79 S2 - maybe its and AUS thing but all I get is WOW! - the car turns heads everywhere, and I even had two surfy 16YO kids say "wow, sick ride!" which after I checked with my 16YO understand to be pretty cool - hah hah hah.

I think the lines of the Esprit are magnificant and time-enduring, they looked out of this world in 79, and as much a supercar today.

One surprise I got was if any of my wife's girlfriends sat in the car, they all drifted into a daze and muttered about an old boyfriend and blushed - hah hah - what the?

I can see that I have to become more civilised though, cos I probally would have drank the Ferrari-guys beer infront of him, heh heh.

iain :)

To be honest...I had my choice between a 308GTS and Esprit Turbo...being 6'-1", the

Esprit has much more interior space...relative to handling, the Esprit is much better with a

lower Center of Gravity. Thats why starting with the 348 Ferrari changed the engine

orientation. My S3 can drive circles around my brother's 308GTS (yes he bought one).

Here in the Detroit USA area...we like cars. Many are amazed that my S3 is 20+ years

old.

Yes, I like the 308/328 styling too. But I just could never get used to having a LHD

car with the throttle in the middle of the car. So every car has its vices.

Ignore the ignorant who had too much to drink. In reality, it probably hides their envy

that their car might not look as good, and that they only dream of the hi RPM whir of the

engine.

:rolleyes:

Here in the Detroit USA area...

Greg -- Welcome to the forum!

I'm less than an hour away from you if you have the urge to see more Esprits. :rolleyes:

- Tony

I was stuck in a traffic jam in Swindon the other day in my S4, when a young kid ran up alongside and started making w*nker signs at me.

With The Code fresh in my mind, and seeing that his only intention was to p*ss me off, I just waved and smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

He went away really grumpy.

Ben

Alas I have had some negative reactions now myself...

None of them coming form anyone capable of bothering me ...but what a bunch of sad-sacks!

Some old hag in Soho - looked likea crack ho bag lady (im nog exaggerating - I actually thought she was a homeless person until I saw the crowd she was with! :rolleyes: ) Literally just said in her best, common drawl "errr Wha' an ugly carrrr"

Had some unbelievably pikey chav loser come over to me while I was just getting settled and about to start it... "ere mate..... <ignored him> ERE MATE!" <look up> He looks at me like he's about to impart great wisdom.... "Your car's crap! hurr hurr hurrr"

Twat

Had some moron walking down Picadilly just yell out "You could at least have got a NEW one" (f-ing tard!)

Also on Picadilly some bloke and lady in a limo looking over... He winds down his window and says "The lady says it's too old"

I was JUST about to call back "Well that's ok... SHE'S too old" when my manners took over.... DAMMIT! :lol:

I have got to put this in writing,

normally, we seem to get 'nice farr...' 'what is it?' 'an elise?'.........

the gas man came around to check the meter today, so i had to take him the back way into the garage where the meter is ( the front garage door is padlocked from the inside )

I opened the door to this view ---

IMG_0658.jpg

I was gobsmacked to here him say " your pride and joy i take it? Its a Lotus Esprit isnt it?" :question:

He even asked if they hold their value....

totally thown me :thumbup:

Edited by Dodgy

Jealousy is a sad thing, just know that is ALL it is, we all know a Lotus Esprit is something to be admired and lusted over, it's a exotic postercar...

I have had one, maybe two drunk people on a friday night say "That things, slow" "That car sucks" or "What is that a 92?" (I have a 99 v8), mind you this is three comments out of about 1000 where the other ones are "holy shit" or "oh my god" or "beautiful car" or "incredible car" or even just a plain look of shock on their face to see it drive by..

Think about the character of a man who has to say that, they clearly have their own issues to deal with and need to work on those for awhile..

It's JEALOUSY. plain and simple.

Most jealous types put down any nice car...simple because they don't have a nice ride

or toy, pleasure vehicle themselves. Cars are like "artistic expressions"

and not everybody likes "art".

My brother has gotten a few "thats not a new one" for his Ferrari 308 & 328 GTS's.

Recently a 4 yr old kid shouted out to his Dad to look at the Ferrari while I drove my Lotus

down his street to give it a spring test drive (took it out of storage). Well at least the kid

knew its something special and not a Chevy, Nissan or Kia. He's young, he'll learn.

Most people (99.9%) here in the Motor City (Detroit) give + comments and admiration

for the Esprit's good looks, surprised that this car is 20+ years old, and are curious about the

performance (HP and top speed). About 95% of the people recognize the Lotus brand

from the 1980s era James Bond movies and few other high profile movies, and they

know its not made by the software company.

Any nice car is a "labor of love" to keep them running well and looking good. Whether it

be from the 1940's or 1980s.

Just ignore the dullards who don't know the pleasure of having a "pleasure" vehicle.

That pleasure is reserved for the 1% of the population who do have their social,

"artistic" expression on wheels.

:question:

It is interesting that my car seems so much quicker than a 308, but I would never even think about bringing it up. Instead the first thing that comes to mind is......wow, what nice lines and exhaust note!

BTW, It's funny as hell to to hear how you 'blokes' describe idiots! :fun::question: You've got the market cornered on colorful descriptions! Keep up the good word! :D:thumbup:

Edited by Esprit Aviation

I think a lot of the time what happens is that people want to say something about your car but they can't bring themselves to say something nice so they come out with something like "crap car mate" when they mean the opposite but don't want to say so.

In 14 years of Esprit ownership I can think of maybe a couple of times I've had abuse and that was only whilst driving, i.e. gestures from the rear passenger seat, that sort of thing.

I had one chap tell me ( after pulling up at a party with my girlfriend / now wife ) that he used to have one, but he had decided on the automatic option though. Then continued to ask me where the handbrake had moved to.

what a pleb.

Have not had anyone brazen enough to say something really bad apart from the usual plastic jokes, yet.

Turbo Esprits are quicker than their competitor's 308s/328s. Much lighter too. The front

wheel wells on the 308/328 intrude more into the passenger compartment than

the Esprit's. Those different characteristics are very easily sensed when driving.

Every car has their + and -, strong and weak points.

But you are the wiser to the BS'er talking about an automatic Esprit version.

erm, lads, i think you got the wrong end of the stick here... :question:

the gas meter man was genuinin and was not being sarcastic , he really liked the car ! B)

the reason i was so gobsmacked was that he knew it was an Esprit - even though it was under a cover.

Dave

when my car has a problem (again) i cant help myself calling the K word

so friends and family point my car out as the Klotus

it's even gone so far that it has become the name i am calling it myself

it doesn't bother me

mancunian ?

is that as beiing a fan of manchester united

beiing called that would bother me :0))

rens

Edited by rens914

My Esprit has never been insulted, but I have been loads of times. :shock:

good one

the gas meter man was genuinin and was not being sarcastic , he really liked the car ! B)

the reason i was so gobsmacked was that he knew it was an Esprit - even though it was under a cover.

That gas meter fellow is a "car guy" to be able to ID the car with the cover "on". He appreciates

"art on wheels"...vs the other guys that drunk and insultive in the bar scenario.

:shock:

I was walking back to my esprit in the supermarket carpark this evening when 3 young whipper-snapper lads (about 10ish) stopped and went "look at that man......its Phat!" (I assume they meant this and not Fat!)

Not knowing the current lingo well from street urchin lads such as these, one could be offended but me thinks it means cool.

Yeah Baby....I have got a Phat esprit :whistle::wallbash: