free hit
counters
karcher pressure washers - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

karcher pressure washers

nigeninja

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfords often do decent sales in them, plus you get discount there as a FFM :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

When I researched pressure washers I ended up getting a Nilfisk. Better engineered internals so likely to last longer apparently. Has been great so far (three years) and survived the sub zero winter in an unheated garage. Neighbour's Karcher in the same scenario has packed up due to ice forming inside and blowing the pump. There are periodic special offers on Amazon for them - I've got the C120.

I bought the K Archer K 5. 91 on e-bay it has two fillable tanks on it which can be controlled via a dial. I put snow foam in one and a wash/polish in the other. So far it has proved to be 100% reliable as it has a big motor in it so does not wear out so quickly, it powers up on the trigger so is not running all of the time. If I remember rightly the seller was selling it for about £150 less than anywhere else. It may be an older model now but having the two fillable tanks is a bonus and I use it a lot.

Just checked Powertool Direct are selling them for just under £270 I paid £320 discounted for it about a year ago

Edited by B1 RMA

Karcher. No problem.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this thread, today I was using the power washer (no hosepipe ban where I live) to clean my wheels and the washer went pop and water started to come out. Switched off and took the cover off only to find the low pressure input metal casting which holds the plastic tube in had snapped off both sides. Took it to the service centre where the guy said 'oh if these units get left in freezing conditions they can break' keeping my temper I explained that the unit is kept with my car in an insulated garage that is always around 15 degrees and 50% RH all year round and that in my opinion it is nothing other than a crap low budget casting that caused the failure. I am awaiting an answer from them over this and I will take it further if they try to charge me for it as it's just over a year old, so I would just advise a bit of caution with K archer units like this one.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/karcher-k214-pressure-washer/212-9904.prd?skuId=212-9904

Entry level Karcher down from £118 to £25 from Tesco!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

http://www.tesco.com...?skuId=212-9904

Entry level Karcher down from £118 to £25 from Tesco!

WOW, that's a bargain, if I didn't already have one I'd be off down to Tescos like a rat up a drain pipe. :thumbsup:

Autoexpress do tests on these which are worth looking at, here & here

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my K.Archer power washer. What a shambles they refuse to acknowledge the fact that it was a casting fault with my machine as the agent threw away the defective casting despite me asking them to keep it for me to have tested. I have spent an hour on the phone to Karcher being handed to one department and the other without any fact other than I have to pay the £82 the agent requires for the repair.

Now I had my KEW pressure washer for over 20 years without problems my K.Archer lasted just over a year and has cost me £82 for a fault of their making not a happy bunny as I have only used the machine about 1 a month.

Never deal with underlings. Write directly to the Managing Director, in German if necessary, and explain your problem. Write in longhand with a fountain pen. Be forthright, but not rude.... always works for me! Google translate is useful.....got to be worth a go forthe price of a stamp.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Catch up moley. A well aimed tweet will do the trick nowadays :D

Evora NA

I had a Karcher and it broke pretty soon. I was told to buy the cheapest with the longest waranty you can get. (well that advice was for lawnmowers but hold true for most small appliances) They are all the same Sh1te underneath coming from China. The second one was the cheapest Argos own brand and its been much better than my Karcher one was dead cheap but much more powerful!

Sad fact is buy cheap, throw away and buy another. :thumbdown:

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

The thing is I paid £300 for this power washer, but it goes to show that if K.Archer outsource component making to where it is cheapest sooner or later it comes back to bite you on the bum not K.Archer but you the poor schmuck who bought it. Now that I have the machine back I am taking steps to ensure the cheap crap castings that K.Archer seem to use in their current range of expensive power washers wont let me down again. It is obvious that the cold low pressure inlet suffers from quite a bit of movement when the machine powers itself up and this in turn places a load on the cheap crap casting. So I have 'spludged' it out with one of my clever silicones so that now rather than a jolt against the casting the whole inlet moves gently. Quite simple really so if anyone else is foolish enough to buy a K.Archer power washer I'll pop you a photo of what to do to ensure yours doesn't fall to pieces just after having it a year. Or better still just don't buy a K.Archer because from my experience my little K.E.W. power washer lasted 20 years longer and cost nothing in repairs.

Theres a chap local to me (who was a farmers son I think?) who started making his own pressure washers. I have made parts for them nice parts too.All made local. Musset Engineering who do most of the work for Jaguar engines do a lot ofparts for them. I think they maybe expensive but Im sure they would be good machines!

http://hughcrane.co.uk/machine-range/pressure-washers/cold-water.html

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Catch up moley. A well aimed tweet will do the trick nowadays :D

Thing is, they get ignored or lost. A well written bit of longhand prose stands out and attracts attention. I once got a large loan at a good rate by this technique...after having been turned down by the underlings who had suggested it in the first place!! The CEO telephoned me and said that he would always be prepared to talk to anyone who had gone to such lengths as to communicate in such fashion, two sheets of longhand with a fountain pen certainly gave me a result; the problem generally is to get to the man at the top in such a fashion that he will take notice. I don't think "tweets" will do this....they are too ephemeral.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I'm begining to think that a letter to the commercial director of each company that is a competitor to K.Archer will have more impact as I have gone beyond being happy with the way they treat customers. I am sure that in the commercial world of selling power washers a well documented factual report with photographs plus this thread will have a very negative effect on K.Archer well at least that's what I hope because at the begining of this thread I was very pro K.Archer but after the Cavalier attitude of people who I can name in the technical department and a number of others within the company it could give K.Archer a poke in the ribs they deservedly asked for.

Ever been on twitter? Companies monitor it very closely and respond in very timely fashion to any enquiries on there. It's customer service lead from a commercial perspective.

I'm sure your technique works wonders, a tweet takes less than 10 seconds and gets a response within an hour most of the time.

Evora NA

I think it's time an old computer/internet Luddite like me checked it out, it may provide a platform for me to vent my spleen!