free hit
counters
No spark - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
woldern

No spark

Hi,

have an 83 S3 Non Turbo which now have been staying for almost two years. Finally engine is now back in car and I tried to fire it up today. Would not start and I tracked it down to missing sparks. Have a Luminition system but my experience with such is low. Checked that there is no spark coming out from the coil. When assembling all wires that had been taken off when taking the engine out I have one green and one light purple and in addition one white and white black (Those are together) which I did not find out where should be connected. Have they anything with spark missing or is there anything else I can check?

Thx for all help?

BEW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are the green and light purple in a twin plug connector, one male and one female? if so they go from the equivalent connector on the distributor to the ignition amplifier.

The white goes to the +ve terminal on the coil, the white & slate goes to the -ve terminal on the coil.

Thnx

Green and light purple are both single hanging females comig out from the wire tube on side of engine compartment.

The white and white/slant is connected as you say to the coil but where does the other end go? The are now both ending (torn off) and hanging in engine compartment LHS.

BEW