free hit
counters
Lotus Exige 3.5 V6 S First Drive - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Exige 3.5 V6 S First Drive

I just want to say its a great article and sums the car up brilliantly, I was nodding along in agreement whilst reading it.

I was lucky enough to accompany Bibs on the road test and experience some track laps and there is now an Exige shaped hole in my life!

The car and driving experience is for me near perfection and I seriously couldn't think of a single fault with it.

For all the lucky people that have placed orders, it will be worth the wait - its an absolute gem of a car.

Thanks again to Bibs & all the people that looked after us at the factory on Monday.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what extra's were fitted to the car apart from race mode and the race tyres?

It had:

• Premium Pack
  • Race Pack
  • Convenience Pack
  • A/C
  • Heated Seats
  • Contrast stitching
  • Trofeo tyres
  • Metallic Paint

There are a few more, a brake upgrade and rear parking sensors but other than that it was well equipped with most of the extras.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

well spec'd souds like a very sorted car

can see why you two enjoyed the day so much

really looking forward to a demo drive

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Did they tell you the latest estimated date for first customer cars? I was told June a few weeks ago, and then it became September according to the playground.

Also, what is the "brake upgrade"? I didn't see that on options lists.

Thanks

Late July for dealer demo cars and customer cars in August. That's from the factory but it will more than likely be late August as there's an annual shutdown for the first 2 weeks as usual.

Here's the price list with the brake upgrade listed.

The high performance brake is a new option introduced at Geneva. This is a two piece disc alternative to the standard one piece disc. Although the standard system shows very good endurance, the two piece disc offers lighter discs (1.2kg lighter at the front) which reduces unsprung mass and therefore the ride and handling of the vehicle + they resist even better to heat… making them a perfect track option.

post-1-0-64649100-1336033693.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You're having metallic, premium, motorsport paint then! :lol:

Evora NA

Is the Trofeo tyre option on different wheels or does it include suspension changes?

As the difference in tyre cost from corsa to trofeo as listed in the article is only £140 for a set.

Late July for dealer demo cars and customer cars in August. That's from the factory but it will more than likely be late August as there's an annual shutdown for the first 2 weeks as usual.

Here's the price list with the brake upgrade listed.

post-1-0-64649100-1336033693.jpg

I was going with:

Car £52900

Premium Sport Pack £ 1500

Convenience Pack £ 350

A/C £ 1100

Rear Parking Sensors £ 350

Contrast Stitching £ 245

Motorsport Paint £ 1800

Performance brake Upgrade £ 1700

Total £59945

Better, think I had a couple of interiors in there too :-)

Car looks to right up my street and videos aren't helping either. Even at that price I would expect it to attract buyers as it does seem to be exceptional and I cant think of where the competion for this car would come from? Anyone?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Makes a 911 GT3 look pedestrian...

Evora NA

Probably easier to get the best out of too. However that is part of the GT3 attraction, along with the retained value of course. If I could be happy to lose whatever it drops then without doubt I would have one on order or would I choose the GP Edition Evora? Actually I have the feeling these will, initially at least, hold reasonable value as I am guessing demand will be quite good.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Amazing write ups, looks like Lotus have a stunner on their hands. I'd love one... aside from the price that is although it's probably fair enough given the performance. I even love the look of it too!

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Looks to be an absolutely astonishing piece of kit! Is the interior as seen on the Exige S Roadster an option? I was looking through the interior shots and the 'premium' pack seems pretty different. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the roadster - is there any word on when that's gonna happen? All that we've seen from this utterly fantastic car AND the wind in your hair: that's gotta put a smile on your face!

Bee - The car used for the test had the 'Premium Sport Pack'.

The 'Premium Pack' would be a bit more like the interior that was shown in the Roadster, with bits covered in leather. (see options list above)

If I recall correctly the Roadster interior shown at Geneva was an example of what could be done and if you want to go bespoke I expect this could spec'd on Exige S too.

No idea on build schedules for the Roadster but agree that the idea of this car without a roof would be amazing.

Evora NA

Mine came to £62750, but I'm sure I could shave off a little hear and there! One question, what's the rear visibility like, I'm thinking from the pics it's similar to the Evora/Elise as opposed the old Exige S where there's zero?

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

The view is better than from an Evora, the engine sits lower so you can see more over it in the mirror.

Evora NA

This is looking good.... now the matter of the £62k. Any idea when are dealers getting demo models and what's the situation with the soft top version? :wub:

Late July for dealer demos...

Evora NA

Sure?

2012_Lotus_Exige_S-5.jpg

Evora NA

mine comes in a tad under 60k. but i'm not bothering with the race pack ... which may make the difference.

out of interest are you guys ever going to post up a full video review or just the teaser ? thanks

The teaser was for the article, not a full video review. We don't have the resources for that kind of thing just yet I'm afraid although we're working on it.

Evora NA

mine comes in a tad under 60k. but i'm not bothering with the race pack ... which may make the difference.

I thought about that, then I thought about the ultimate coolness of having 'race mode' even if it's not much use on the M25!

What's the feeling about the brake upgrade though? I'd imagine the standard ones stop pretty well.