free hit
counters
MY NIGHTMARE WITH A EVORA - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kike Garcia Gutierrez

MY NIGHTMARE WITH A EVORA

hi guys:

I'am enrique from Barcelona (Spain), I paste here the e-mail that I send today to the Boss of the Lotus dealer in Barcelona, I hope you have a good luck with your evoras, the next week we still 3 months without my car, sorry for the translation is from google.........

<p>"I own a Lotus Evora Launch Edition, bought new in your shop,is a vehicle that is still under manufacturer's warranty official. The past 6 February while driving the car I listen them is a breakdown in the gearbox. Obviously the car was sent to the award official in Crane Lotus Paseo de la Zona Franca, to proceed with the repair and here is where my nightmare begins.

-At first (week and a half after entering the car shop) and then call me several times, we reported that a failure of the wires change, something of which differ by the noise we made in the car the time that the breakdown occurred.

One week later, and after several calls my, we communicate that I am right and that is a problem of change, who spoke with the factory and have said they have opened the box. Another week passes, and I go see the car, and I have not touched the car. We have reported that much work in the workshop.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello Enrique, sorry to hear of your problems. Three months is not acceptable. Is your car still under warranty?

The translation from google is not good, and difficult to understand. I hope the translation from my English to Spanish is better. It is good that your dealer is speaking with the Factory. I hope someone else on here can speak Spanish and could help you more than I can. Perhaps you should post onto the Lotus Chat board here just to ask for help from someone who speaks Spanish. More people will see that board. Good Luck.

I'd say this is a nightmare with your dealer by the sounds of it. 3 months to change gearchange cables isn't on and it's a common job untaken over here many times without a problem.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Hi Guys:

thank you for your words. Factory don't send a new gearbox , authorize to repair, but the dealer for three times can't reppair, now the dealer demands a new gearbox, but Lotus don't wants this. Of course the car is under warranty

Best Regards

Finally good news, today I receive this e-mail

Dear Mr Garcia,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can only sincerely apologise again for the delays and problems that have been encountered and we have despatched a new gearbox to Lotus Barcelona. The new box is a close ratio type and we offering this as an upgrade at no cost your self, as an initial gesture of good will and as some compensation in respect of the problems you have encountered.

I will be in contact with you again once I have conducted my investigations into your issues.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.

Gosh, I hope this all works out for you.

Lets hope the gearbox exchange takes less time than the cables!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Excellent news. I did point this thread out to the Euro territory manager and I'm glad it's being sorted out for you :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Does that mean he (a launch edition) can also qualify for the new shift cables? Will they retrofit on to a launch edition?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I had my original Launch Edition car cables replaced with no problems. Made a big difference at the time.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Well done Lotus (and those that facilitated.) Reputation counts. Enrique, enjoy the CR box!

Must admit that although dissapointing it has happened in the first place, I must say that the warranty support that we have received from Lotus on the whole has been tremendous.

Although Lotus gets a lot of flack over their quality, my experience of their aftersales support have been great. I cannot see Porsche/BMW/Mercedes owners receiving such fantantastic service on their new vehicles. Post up an issue on similar forums and I am sure that they would be ignored and lots of similar stories would surface from other digruntled owners.

Echo Mel's comments and say a big thanks to Lotus for getting it sorted out (and Bibs for highlighting the issue with the relevant people in the factory).

Enjoy the new CR box

I had my original Launch Edition car cables replaced with no problems. Made a big difference at the time.

+1 here. Had my cables replaced under warranty at my early S, transformed the shifting.

Edited by Sven76

Cup or fairy?

:lol:

Evora NA