free hit
counters
Reversing Lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On our 2011 S only the left one is working is this right or something to pick up at the service in a few weeks?

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nothing to worry about. The RH lamp is your fog light.

Three four five

^ What he said! Foxed me at first too.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

As there's no requirement for rear fog light(s?) in the US (even though my Esprit, and another one of my cars, have "blanks" where the switch would be), I'm curious as to what the UK (or other European countries as well?) rules are for activating the light, i.e., how much fog induced loss of visibility is the "trigger" for tuning it on? I assume it's for increased visibility of one's vehicle to following traffic. What sort of beam spread and angle are projected? Is it effective, or just "for show?" And what is the compliance rate of drivers in general?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I can answer one of those for you, John.

In this country it's de rigeur to flip on the fogs if there's the tiniest wisp of cloud on any horizon, and then leave them on for months - especially in heavy rain. Just peachy following one of these idiots on a dark rainy night in traffic. I'd make the offence punishable by death.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

In Germany you are rquired to use them if visibiltiy is below 50 Mtr. On the Autobahn its common to use them if the spray of the car in front, or fog prevents you from seeing them. They are generally used with restraint

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks fellas... In the US it seems both are used for reversing!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

They are annoying. Only if visibility is below 50m, but then you must not drive faster than 50 kph. All the idiots on the Autobahn use them in rain at 150 kph and the only thing the fog light does is blinding you. Most misused light application on a car...