free hit
counters
1988 Lotus Excel S.E. ideal track day car - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

1988 Lotus Excel S.E. ideal track day car

MOT til December 15th 2012taxed til JulyIt needs a lot of work to be a show car but has served us well as a daily driver.It needs headlining which I have got but not fittedThe interior is also in need of changing.Engine and gearbox are strong. Oil pressure gauge not working (I think it’s the sender)A bit of a shudder on heavy braking ( could be bushes or warped discs ?)Alloys could do with a refurb. Spare set of good 205/50 tyres. 2 new tyres on frontPaintwork ok but lacquer peeling (only on roof) front bumper rubbed, rear bumper has been hit at some time and cracked the paint but not the fibreglass and numberplate a bit cracked (MOT tester was ok as the number readable)All the electrics work lights popup windows mirrors etc apart from the heated rear screen and clockOther than that it’s fun to drive and classic insurance was £200 for 6000 miles restricted policy.Ideally it will make a great track day car as all of its faults are not important.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to endorse / compliment the classified section of the forum.

Car sold quickly to a knowledgeable enthusiastic buyer called Mike. Hopefully he will keep us posted on his progress in renovating the car.

John

Edited by Mr_John111

Glad to hear it John :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chaps,

It's the new owner here, been awfully busy with other stuff recently so haven't had much time to get on with the car. I've made a start by stripping, cleaning & rebuilding the Carbs (Cyl 2 power jet dribbling after key off) These are now ready to refit, along with reinstating the airbox and Vac system, then the cambelt and a general service, but as is often the case drifted off into other jobs! major being to remove 20 odd years of muck and grime from the engine, I'm in no rush at the mo but would like to get her up and running ASAP, will keep you informed.

Mike

Glad you have the time to give her the attention she deserves. With Sue's Esprit keeping me busy full time I know that the car would not have been regularly used and deteriorated further

Welcome to the Forum

John & Sue

Edited by Mr_John111