free hit
counters
Another new Esprit rendering - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Another new Esprit rendering

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Except for the black slats I like that OK

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Don't like it... Gallardo/Elise photoshopped? I hope, that the real Esprit will be much much better, like Elise or APX (or at least as good as new Europa S).

Is this fugly POS the "fairly accurate" next Esprit rendering?

Edited by karmavore

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

better than i thought but NO to the slates, need to be more agressive and not so elise, roof line is nice, front mouth is a joke, and wheels need changing

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Well from what I was told (see Motorshow thread) the front isn't Elise ENOUGH!!!! :blink: :blink: :P:)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Looks a bit of a mixture of the Gallardo Esprit and the rear of the Acari KZ-1. Don,t like the air intakes either.

The former renderings were a lot prettier.

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

I would imagine that none of these renderings are that accurate as anyone who has seen the new car would have signed a non-disclosure agreement and Lotus will release the details of the car when they want to and not in clues and half-truths to the general public.

As I see it, these pictures are pure speculation and the reason they all have 'elise-isms' is that any motoring journo will expect Lotus to follow the design cues of former albeit recent successful Lotus cars to make their ideas more plausable. The Europa has Elise styling, surely they assume any other new car will have.

However I may be wrong! :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

...that and because they said so! (See motorshow and rant!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

My point is that the salesperson who attended the show is unlikely to divulge information that will potentially cost him/her his/her job. Half truths and rumours :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My point is he wasnt merely a salesperson and had a hand in its final design.

Therefore knows better than to release info on a secret design to the public at large :blink:

Evora NA

Therefore knows better than to release info on a secret design to the public at large :blink:

er did anyone read this clicky

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Indeedy and it was a fair point, well made :blink: