free hit
counters
LOTUS EXCEL WANTED - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John

Thank you for the reply, I am looking for an Excel at the opposite end from what you say but would be pleased to receive pics and details of your car as my younger brother is now thinking of one with a lower budget than me.

Michael

Hi John

I has passed your advert on to my brother.

I have the chance to buy a 1992 celebration with 80k on the clock, it looks like it had a respray a long time ago and the clutch is heavy so I am thinking what is it worth? the seller wants £7k and I think nearer to £4k but what do you guys think?

Also can anyone tell me the cost of replacing the clutch please?

I think £4K for a 92 celebration with a fairly low mileage is a bit hopeful, but you never know - he can only decline.

It all depends on condition, but I think its probably worth a bit more than 4K based on your limited description above.

(Clutches are a bit heavy compared with a modern)

Well as always heart over head so I now have a 1992 Excel Celebration and apart from poor paint finish she seems to be a great car.

80k miles from new with all the old MOT's and service book stamped by Paul Matty's interior is in excellent condition and the a/c is working so overall very pleased.

A previous owner painted the wheels all silver so I will get them done with the green centres and spokes as they should be and the tan steering has also been changed for a black one so will have to get one for it.

I am hoping to get her pretty much as per the celebration brochure car but it could do with cheering up as the colour is a little drab so will have to think on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Michael (great name by the way) :thumbup:

You need to post some pics up for us to enjoy. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi Guy's

Well I will post some better pic's in a few days time as I am having the wheels restored to original Celebration colour combo and the original steering wheel is going back on also.

I am very pleased with her as a car but I need to cheer her up as the colour is so dark, I may add silver a pencil line and more lotus decals in silver.

I am also trying to replace the side repeaters with clear ones.

pics003.jpg