free hit
counters
Instrument panel removal - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Instrument panel removal

Has anyone removed the instrument gauge panel in a 1995 S4? I have removed the binnacle and 2 nuts on the sides but it feels like something in the center still feels tight.What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Elie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article linked by s4simon does not apply to the S4. See my website for binnacle removal instructions.

Once the binnacle cover has been removed, the gauge cluster is held on to the scuttle beam by four M6 nuts -- two above, and two below.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Edited by sanj

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

The article linked by s4simon does not apply to the S4. See my website for binnacle removal instructions.

Once the binnacle cover has been removed, the gauge cluster is held on to the scuttle beam by four M6 nuts -- two above, and two below.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks Sanj,

It was your article that helped me remove the binnacle.I want to remove the cluster and recover the plastic replica carbon fiber with something better.Its starting to show its age.

I will have to look harder for the two bottom nuts.

Cheers,

Elie

You're right, in theory, but I would not want to do it in situ.

Elie, assuming you found the two nuts on top, there should be a pair underneath, directly in line with them and about 2-3 inches inboard. You will also need to remove the vent hoses and the speedo cable, along with the wiring connectors.

fml8pt.jpg

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages