free hit
counters
Any Knowledgeable Watch People Out There Please - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Any Knowledgeable Watch People Out There Please

Dave Hopwood

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a quartz or an automatic? this will affect the price also do you have the box and papers? If you don't have the papers you can email Omega with the serial number and they will confirm it as a genuine watch from there records.

I would take it to several independent jewellers and get it valued.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

He's not been online for some time, I think Kimbers finally drove him away. Paul sells his watches on ebay but has strict with who he'd sell to and has some pretty strict rules on his auctions honed by experience.

The key is to check the completed listings for the value then take good, very good pics.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes e-bay would be the place if you have realistic expectations of its value, as said above be strict with terms and conditions.

Which model? Is it a diver? Chances are I've owned/bought/sold that model at some stage or other.

As a rule, full size autos are worth more.

Then mid full size quartz/mid size divers.

Then mid size quartz, nobody wants them much.

(got a fair bit of this all typed out ready to paste)

Box and papers are not everything IF you know how to use macro AND you know what to photograph.

Be aware how many seconds the watch gains/loses in 24hrs, you will get asked. Plus if it's impressive add that info.

Measure bracelet length and be under rather than over. Measure watch size.

Photograph the watch reading 10 past 10, this normally means branding and date are legible and is why most manufacturers use this time in pictures.

I now only sell worldwide under £500, everything over that is UK only.

Accept Paypal only. People whine about fee's but I accept paypal only on £4000 items and pay the fee's. When the sh1t hits the fan and paypal get you your money, which has happened to me, those fee's are well worth it.

I list high items with a very high buy it now and a best offer option. This means few people click the buy it now and I get offers, thus I can choose who to accept, thus I can see their feedback and choose who I sell to (impossible in an auction).

Don't send to an address outside of the invoice or buyers ebay account.

Never end early for an offer. Most items, especially watches, have bids in the last ten seconds as snipes go in. I have not manually bid on Ebay for five years now, all my automated bids go in the last 6 seconds (no bidding wars for me please), I don't have to watch items finish in a panic, I can wake up and see if I won overseas items. All my items sell in the last seconds, end early and you won't get those bids.

Learn how to find the 'cancel bid' and 'block bidder' parts of your account. I actually welcome bids and questions from morons, as i get to paste their ID onto my block bidder list and never encounter them again.

Start item on thursday, early evening and run for ten days. It then covers two weekends viewings and ends on a sunday evening ready for you to pack and post monday. Don't post fridays as Special delivery saturday costs more AND some depots don't deliver and hold until monday (leaving you buyer moaning they paid you for next day...).

My terms for worldwide:

PAYPAL ONLY: It's paypal only. Payment MUST be from a paypal account linked to the winners Ebay account. Postal address MUST be linked to that paypal account AND confirmed address, Obviously! Oh, and don't bid if you are unable to make payment, i know that sounds obvious but I've just had one of those too...

POSTAGE: My terms are fixed. I post by these methods only. If your country is not listed it's because i will NOT ship to your country, so do NOT ask me to change that as i will not. I will also not ship to an address outside of the paypal transaction. I post only when cleared payment is made.

CONDITION: Pictures form part of the description. Words on the dial such as '300m' or 'Chronometre' are only valid if under a recent service certificate, and only valid for 12 months once serviced. The only way to have depth and accuracy 100% as stated on the dial is to always have your watch serviced and under a 12 month service warranty. If not stated in the listing then last service date is unknown. As with all used watches future servicing will be required to maintain performance.

NO PICKUP: Callers are not welcome, besides, the watch and myself could be anywhere in the UK at the time of auction end and posting. And i only deal in Paypal to stay in the buyer seller protection program - better for me - better for you.

NO BIDDERS UNDER 10 FEEDBACK: I am not a robot! When the item ends i don't mindlessly pack it and post it. If you have low feedback or there is anything dodgy in your feedback i will relist the item. Please also note, if you bid from a low feedback account and win, and pay, then you won't get the item but will have to wait as long as 9 days (of my time you have wasted) for your refund to clear while i relist the item and get my seller fees refunded by Ebay. PAYING FROM A NEW AND EMPTY ACCOUNT THEN ASKING TO BE REFUNDED IMMEDIATELY FROM A GOOD ACCOUNT IS THE OLDEST SCAM OUT THERE!

NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BIDDERS: Obviously i don't want to find out why people rate you so badly.

And for domestic:

PAYPAL ONLY: It's paypal only. Payment MUST be from a paypal account linked to the winners Ebay account. Postal address MUST be linked to that paypal account AND confirmed address, Obviously! Oh, and don't bid if you are unable to make payment, i know that sounds obvious but I've just had one of those too...

OFFERS: When you make an offer it is valid for 48hrs unless i counter offer or decline, you are the winner if I accept. The item is then automatically finished by Ebay and you are the winner. I have had too many folk 'change their mind' and then force me to raise a non paying winner dispute so Ebay give me the seller fees they have charged me back so I can then relist it.. With this in mind I am more likely to counter offer so the onus is on the buyer to click 'accept' and become the winner. I encourage offers from serious ebayers, and I make counter offers/declines as quickly as I am able (nobody likes waiting, we would all prefer to know the score).

POSTAGE: My terms are fixed. I post by these methods only. If your country is not listed it's because i will NOT ship to your country, so do NOT ask me to change that as i will not. If it says UK only then I will not ship outside of the UK. This is based on my experience of sending many high value items overseas and it is NON negotiable. I will also not ship to an address outside of the paypal transaction. I post only when cleared payment is made.

CONDITION: Pictures form part of the description. Words on the dial such as '300m' or 'Chronometre' are only valid if under a recent service certificate, and only valid for 12 months once serviced. The only way to have depth and accuracy 100% as stated on the dial is to always have your watch serviced and under a 12 month service warranty. If not stated in the listing then last service date is unknown. As with all used watches the watch is bought 'as seen' with no returns and the full understanding future servicing will be required to maintain performance.

NO PICKUP: Callers are not welcome, besides, the watch and myself could be anywhere in the UK at the time of auction end and posting. And i only deal in Paypal to stay in the buyer seller protection program - better for me - better for you.

NO BIDDERS UNDER 10 FEEDBACK: I am not a robot! When the item ends i don't mindlessly pack it and post it. If you have low feedback or there is anything dodgy in your feedback i will relist the item. Please also note, if you bid from a low feedback account and win, and pay, then you won't get the item but will have to wait as long as 9 days (of my time you have wasted) for your refund to clear while i relist the item and get my seller fees refunded by Ebay. PAYING FROM A NEW AND EMPTY ACCOUNT THEN ASKING TO BE REFUNDED IMMEDIATELY FROM A GOOD ACCOUNT IS THE OLDEST SCAM OUT THERE!

NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BIDDERS: Obviously i don't want to find out why people rate you so badly.

:)