free hit
counters
Lotus store : Regent Street - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus store : Regent Street

Does anyone actually know the opening day of the store?

I've research fairly well and the best I can find is " opening summer 2012 June "

Being even more technical with questions I wonder if it will be open by the 27th June and what the closing times will be!? Ouch

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll be fine and I'd guess it'll be 9-5 but I hope to be at the opening and will post details once it's happened :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The press release says June.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks bibs ..... That gives me from a 13:45 landing at heathrow to churchill sq hotel check-in .... to get there before possible 5pm closing to pick up the roundel t-shirts green and red ...... Needed for the early morning start to goodwood FoS!

Look forward to the post of the opening .....

• 1 month later...

Really sorry Noe but I think this isn't going to be until Friday now :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Argh ... Ok Friday ... Thanks ..... That means FOS with no lotus t-shirt! Oh well will have to pop in after unless they have anything for sale at FOS

They should have plenty for sale at the FoS :)

Evora NA

Walked passed the store this morning at 4am and it does not look like opening this week ..... Though suppose if they worked 24hours they could have it open Friday ..... Errmmm

FoS shopping it is then

And it seems some lotus people will be lurking around the evora stand/area 1pm Friday .......

Still not open but took a quick peek inside and they are stocking the shelves and it looks very nice.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

There are a few unforeseen structural problems with the building which have delayed the opening by a week or so. :)

Evora NA

I had a game of backgammon, it's a nice board :)

Evora NA

Was in London Piccadilly yesterday and the store is basically ready/finished, workmen doing final touches ..... and looks fantastic - much nicer than the Ferrari Store further down on Regents Street and with more motor racing heritage and memorabilia on display than at the Scuderia - Ive attached some pics from the front and mainly from the back of the store entrance on the street which runs parallell behind Regents St. The photo near the bottom is me looking through the half-inch gap where they had masked the windows yet was just enough to see in and the store is all fully fitted and stocked - there was a security guard and some personnel insider - im imagine it would open this coming week to be up and running in time for the British GP - There were boxes of AutoART 1:18 Diecast in the trash on the street outside which they are using for their display models in store - Esprits, Elans, Elises and Lotus Cortinas ;)

Looking forward to popping in when its open - the old retro Lotus/JPS wall-mounted Nosecones in the upper tier window displays look class and hope they are for sale :)

xqkrhz.jpg

2q8wkrr.jpg

15gt94y.jpg

2eulo9h.jpg

Looks very smart! :)

Evora NA

That does look the business, I'll be up that way possibly midweek, let's hope it's open by then.

Backgammon eh... Bibs, any other goodies on the stand at FOS?

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Pretty much a full compliment as they've had elsewhere. Stand video is 65% uploaded, 45 mins and you'll be able to see but there are pics here - http://4lot.us/fos2012

The young lady who is beating me at Backgammon was also very excited about the Linley furniture in the store. Looking forward to getting there myself too :)

Evora NA

Had a chat with a very nice young lady in the store on the stand when they were closing up Saturday (buying myself a new baseball cap) She very much seemed in charge and confirmed the store will open in 10 days. As mentioned, she confirmed some of the structural problems they've been having (it is a listed building) have caused the delay.

Bibs...what's that in image 54? Looks like a screen??

...and that aside. I've been critical of the stores but now DB's gone if this is all that's left to raise the profile of Lotus then long may it's doors stay open, although if i were to nice young lady selling baseball caps I'd check the length of the lease just in case.

Be there soon!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I'll ask in the morning for you although FoS is all wrapped up now of course.

Evora NA