free hit
counters
Run to Castle Combe. - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Run to Castle Combe.

Trevsked

Is anyone interested in a run from around Denham down to Castle Combe on Saturday? Could also stop and pick up more on the way at the services M4/A34 jct. Would be leaving Denham around 7.30 and then 50 mins to the services, stop for a coffee and then on to Castle Combe.

1/ Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry,

Denham at 7.30 is the current plan but I don't mind changing that to suit others, just a starting point.

Felix,

Shame you can't make it. We need another get together soon before your time here is out. It's BBQ weather.

Trevor.

Barrie,

We can play with times if you have a time that suits. I'm sure the staff will accommodate with an early kipper.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

I'll come, but only if you're in the 350. I fancy a laugh.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Take care in that area guys. I got caught by a mobile camera near that A34 junction last month, northbound A34 some miles before the M4.

It's crap now it's little tripods you can't see and not big vans on the bridges. The one that got me is not on any of the mobile camera sat nav updates, it's not on my Pogo, not on the trapster app, It's not on any of the camera maps online. So I could not see it and nothing onboard could give me warning....

Have lived a charmed life. But I now simply won't speed under a bridge. Which TBH just makes for fun acceleration moments in between, so I still win.

:thumbsup:

Paul,

Thanks for the heads up.

Barrie,

If you change your mind then we will be pleased to see you.

Sparky,

------------------------------------------

Trevor.

Change of timings now. Be passing Denham at 8.30 and then stopping for anyone at Membury Services as it on the M4 rather than having to get off at the A34. Expect to be there at about 9.40 and will stop for 20mins. If nobody wants to meet us there (and by that I mean posts up that they intend to be at the services) then we may carry on past to Castle Combe.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Blimey. Trev and me - is that it? On the nicest 2012 Saturday so far?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Cosy eh :-). I have an ex Esprit owner coming along in his VX220 with another chap who is a master at filming. He's going to put together some proffesional footage of the day and the journey so looking forward to seeing that.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Will be there but going to leave earlier so I can be at chievley when everyone else is there - early start but have to head back at about 1 so I wanted to make the most of the morning.

PS I am bring my NCT tires (rear) with 5mm tread or so if anyone is interested. Just got the car re-shod.

I'm leaving from Cambridge. I was hoping to join up for the drive with the local Club Lotus gang but haven't heard anything yet. I will try to be at Membury for 9.40 and look forward to meeting you all but If I'm late please don't wait!

Cheers

BC

• Gold FFM

It's on page 1 of the other thread - depart 0830.

A bit early for my taste so am sticking with Denham to meet Chris at 8.30. You still coming to me for 8 .20?

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Just call my name, and I'll be there...