free hit
counters
PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever! - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever!

benjamincalleja

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Phil,

Have a read here.

http://www.thelotusf...o-to-the-forum/ :)

Iain, those top pics of your esprit look absolutely brilliant. :thumbsup: Everything works. Colour, decals, shape, angle. That would be one of the nicest pics of an esprit I have seen.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Polar Bear White, during cold weather testing in the Arctic.

What? What?

OK, OK......

Calypso Red (fully assembled version)

(eagle eyed Sherlocks will notice the matte orange coiled up extension cord along the garage wall for the battery tender)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Always thought it was Glacier blue. After seeing "Sues" iam now not sure. In Nigeria working at the mo so will check my code on my return.post-13610-0-71234600-1338666421.jpg

Nice motor Phil :).

It's is hard to tell the different colours from individual photos, you really need to see them side by side.

What year is yours? I see yours has colour coded wing mirrors whereas mine are black and I don't have a sunroof. It looks similar to a friends whose S3 is an '85 and glacier blue.

Greta looking car Phil. Glad you got the pics worked out. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Sue /Michael

Thanks. Yes I noticed you have black wing mirrors. I see so many variations though. I saw a late G HC car recently with the wrong bonnet. I think there was a lot of using up old parts. Mine is '84 but cant remember the month of registration. It has full blue leather and aircon. Only non original thing is the radio as far as I know.

Will be checking the code when i get home but that wont be until end of June.

Phil

Yay, I like this thread! :)

Below is L11 Regency Red (TLF member E_RIC):

3992590172_4a5ddb661f_z.jpg

L32 Oxford Blue:

BlueS1LowMarinaWeb.jpg

L34 Roman Bronze:

RomanBronzeS1California.jpg

And this car below has paint code L35, Brazil (need to ask Andy Graham/Lotus what the story is on this car/paint code, as it looks like Roman Bronze to me, if not a touch lighter and more golden):

post-907-0-89340600-1338781097.jpg

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

A23 Calypso Red 1994 S4 c/w what I also believe to be an A23 Calypso Red Waco biplane

EspritandWaco.jpg

Essex Blue A34. There were 2 shades A34 (lighter) & A36 (darker)...I think.

According to the Turbo & S3 Service Notes, A34 is listed as 'Dark Blue (Essex),' while A36 is 'New Gold.' A16 and A17 are each listed as 'Essex Blue,' although the numbers are all different: each of the three Essex Blues are a different supplier part number, and A17 has no Lotus part number. A16's and A34's part numbers are identical except that one starts with 'A' and the other with 'B.' Now how the three visually differ from each other, I have no idea. There is also an L44 'Essex Blue' listed earlier in the code list, although it also has no Lotus part number. 'L' codes are nitro-cellulose; 'A' codes are ICI acrylic 2-pack polyurethane (which I would presume were used later than were the 'L' paints). Also A34 is listed with '+clear,' which I presume means having a clear-coat applied.

Here's my '86 in A34, accompanied by my friend Adam's '87 in A02 Black:

BMCD-2012-052-M.jpg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

You're quite welcome Pete. I feel very lucky to have this colour, as VERY few Essex Blue cars were sent to USA. I was told by the previous owner that mine is the only EB '86 in USA (although I have yet to verify this), and there is a gent who lives a county over from me who has an Essex Blue '87. About 100 fewer '87s were sold here than '86s, so it is possible that he and I have the only two EB's in The States beyond the two or three 'false Essex' cars imported back around '81-82.

The Essex Esprit set my heart on fire with undying lust when I saw it in Road & Track back in '81 when I was just a lad of 13, so being able to get my hands on an Esprit that very colour has made the dream of ownership even sweeter in coming true.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

My S1. I can't find the paint code, not on the VIN plate. I think it's 'Lotus Yellow'. Tony tell me where to look and I'll check.

DSC01613.jpg

Edited by GavinT

Gavin, that shot is beyond "artsy craftsy!" :thumbsup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Polar Bear White, during cold weather testing in the Arctic.

What? What?

And White tyres too, awesome photo. I can see how cold it was Brrrrrrrr!

I agree -- great shots, Gavin! Mansions and gardens get old after a while -- it's good to see a unique and contrasting background. :)

Your paint code is S03 Lemon Yellow. Your car has an aftermarket VIN plate in the front compartment that appears to have been put there when the car was imported to whatever European country that was. I don't remember if they transposed the paint code to the new plate.

- Tony

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Tony,

My s2 was originally painted in lemon yellow, however the paint code is actually L31.

here's the paint code listed on the manual:

Lemon Yellow L 31 A075B6141V

If Gavins car is lemon yellow, then its great cause I love the colour :) Mine is going in for a full respray at the end of the month

Vin Taylor

Hi Vin,

Gavin's is an early S1 from when the cars were painted in the mould with a gel-coat-like finish. This was just the first S1s, from 1976 through about March of 1977. Their paint codes were S01 through S06, which were white, red, yellow, orange, and a couple of blue and black cars; after that Lotus resorted to traditional painting, of which most cars were "L" paint codes (nitrocellulose lacquer). Hence two cars of the same colour with different paint codes. :)

- tony

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Tony,

Your right about the code, it is S03. When are you ever wrong when it comes to the S1? :). I pulled the spare out and the code is in the lower right corner, couldn't see it with the spare in. Never new it was Lemon Yellow.

DSC01617.jpg

Is that not an original VIN plate?. You can just see the the funny VIN sticker top left that was added when the car went to Belgium.

Gav

Edited by GavinT

Hi Vin,

Gavin's is an early S1 from when the cars were painted in the mould with a gel-coat-like finish. This was just the first S1s, from 1976 through about March of 1977. Their paint codes were S01 through S06, which were white, red, yellow, orange, and a couple of blue and black cars; after that Lotus resorted to traditional painting, of which most cars were "L" paint codes (nitrocellulose lacquer). Hence two cars of the same colour with different paint codes. :)

- tony

That's great cause I love the colour :)

Vin Taylor