free hit
counters
Bahar Suspended - Page 17 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Surely that's Bahars bunker 5 year plan that were unveiled at the Bunker Expo '12

Due for completion 2017, investment has already been secured and the main contractor signed up.

Please await the launch of the Bunker Originals lifestyle range

You see, this is why my bunker-buddy secretly turned off the development of a V8. Apparently, historically a V25 has been far more reliable. Although it did pull to the right abit. Wolverine is solving that using bricks, so I'm sure the new engine will be fine. It worked for Porche. Stressed as part of the chassis? You're asking Dany? You know he's a marketing mountain don't you. You want that answering ask the socket set carrying new guy. But, just to please, Dany called Wolverine who stated that as a roof mounted engine, it would also serve to improve handling and overall balance. And thus the Enorm would have been the only roof engined 25 seater production car in the world. Awesome.

Fools, you think the entrance to my bunker would be so obvious! Hah! The nasty old media, who have never truly grasped Dany's automotive (and fizzy drinks) brilliance, fell for our clever deceit. That's actually HMQs bunker entrance (Dany knows where it is cos he knows some of the family, apparently). You can tell because the entrance is specifically designed to take all the State coaches. Apparently.

Dany tried to read your foolish and insane drivel about Lotus derived engines, but then remembered that he knows nothing about such trivia. But he did say 'see, people were stupid enough to buy a Lotus with a engine knocked together from an old GM parts bin back then, so why not now?' Which is a fair one. I pointed out that I had an Esprit and it never went bang and he applied some direct marketing to my face again. I may be getting Stockholm Syndrome, but this guy is just fantastic. If I owned a business that was loosing money and I needed to turn it around and Dany came along and even though he clearly didn't know anything about actual car building or double entry book keeping, I would still have employed him and not bothered to look too closely at how he was spending all my money. He really is that impressive in the flesh. Especially, when I have just eppilated him and freshened his bronzing tan.

Dany says he likes the T-Shirt idea, but only once he's had his lawyers look over the merchanising deal and he's happy with the commission percentage. He thinks we should start big, maybe launch 5 different T-Shirt designs simultaneously. Although he reserves the right to bin some designs shortly after launch. We should conduct the launch at Pebble Beach, obviously, and he will need a private jet for that. Goes without. Until the launch of the New Era T-Shirts, Dany plans to slag off those that are already in circulation (in order to create a 'marketing buzz' and demand, as people are shamed into no longer wearing their old, tired and tattered T-Shirts). But he may need to redesign and relaunch some of those older T-Shirts if he can't quite get the wing mirrors right on the New Era ones. Obviously.

So, if you're all prepared to go along with Dany's marketing genius, then we're on for a global launch of a new series of Bunker (location undisclosed but it's not Switerland - God can you imagine!) T-Shirts.

The spam was pretty bad, but we're now using it to stretch the medallions of beef in a red wine jus, just a little further.

Dany had his drawing of a 1950's bubble car rejected by TVR. Something about it being a 60 year old design. Which is rich coming from TVR. Dany said that, so sue him. He spent most of the day sitting on the chemical toilet trying to self harm with the loo brush. It was a difficult time. When I finally got him out, he needed some reassurance, so I sang him Soft Kitty and let him have a can of Redbull while wearing his Ferrari baseball cap. That cheered him up a little. He's actually very sensitive.

Manic called to. Says he's not staying another day if new guy with socket set asks him one more time to design a supercar to fit on the Savvy's underpinnings.

Yes, okay Dany, we can play Risk! now (I let him win. He's a lot easier to handle once he's taken over the world).

Is it a Premium Lifestyle Bunker cause if its not I don't want it!

My last picture was just a ruse, spies from inside the dany entourage have leaked this

tom_cruise_bunker.jpg

Trust me, this isn't my bunker, although I think Dany may have leaked this, cos he doesn't want people thinking he's in a small bunker at the bottom of my garden, that doesn't have it's own helipad. Bless'im.

Really is an out of place comment in the article, isn't it?

Will Dany be applying for the Tottenham job? He may not know anything about football but he does know about spending money!

Edited by Nelly9000

It undermines the credibility of the rest of the article. If one known fact is incorrectly reported, then so might be others.

While Bahar wasn't popular with everyone, he was certainly a 'mover and shaker' - although financially a huge risk taker, some would say irresponsible.

Hindsight will dictate whether he was a genius or an idiot - depending on the success or failure of his plan.

Now he just won't be around to take the blame or credit - delete as appropriate.

Alan

Edited by Alan Paterson

Will Dany be applying for the Tottenham job? He may not know anything about football but he does know about spending money!

DB or JM (the chosen one) they both know how to spend that will be a difficult decision for Daniel Levy (Tottenham chairman)

Sudders can you ask DB if he is related to Jose, they both share many traits

Rumours have it his bunker is in Italy and that hes using a personalised Evora to evade detection.

Fezzer mafiosa connections or just conspiracy when he order this paint job at hethel??

422441069884lotusevoracarabinieri-3-4side-hetheluk.jpg

A fairly balanced view here :-)

http://jalopnik.com/dany-bahar/

It's about time somebody shouted that the emperor had no clothes. I think the article was spot on. :clap:

From what I observed the man had no concept of the word "budget" or "biggest bang for the buck".

He only knew how to throw money away. I'm positive there are others out there that could generate new "excitement", but know the automotive industry.

Edited by comem47

They all look a bit dodgy in that picture don't they!

It's about time somebody shouted that the emperor had no clothes. I think the article was spot on. :clap:

From what I observed the man had no concept of the word "budget" or "biggest bang for the buck".

He only knew how to throw money away. I'm positive there are others out there that could generate new "excitement", but know the automotive industry.

I try to stay unemotional when posting but forgive me, what a load of b****x. Whilst I agree that it appears DB was profligate with the company money in some areas and I never bought into the Hollywood C list chasing, the fact is that under DB's tenure;

• Group Lotus turnover increased 35%,
  • Three new cars have been unveiled - the Evora GTE, Exige V6 and Elise S - all to rave reviews,
  • New Esprit mules have been out testing since late last year,
  • Significant quality improvements to the Evora have been introduced which have been favourably received,
  • A new trim shop and improved paint shop have been built,
  • New production capacity (for the Esprit) has been commissioned which is currently under construction,
  • Massive improvements to the test track and garage facilities at Hethel have been completed,
  • New dealerships in China and Beirut have been opened,
  • A massive increase in Motorsport activity has been instigated (if spread rather thinly...)
  • A 5 year plan has been developed and implemented, with funding secured,
  • £10m from the Governments Regional Growth Fund has been secured (currently under review)
  • Listened to the market and commissioned a new V8 and transmission for the new Esprit,
  • And has probably done other useful stuff we are not aware of.

As a Lotus fan(atic) to me these are all extremely good things and a sound foundation for the future. I accept the plans were probably overly ambitious and the funding is now looking a little flaky but to say 'the emperor has no clothes' is totally disingenuous. Allied to the big increase in brand awareness, overall I believe DB has done a pretty good job. I think its a real pity that his lack of self control in other areas has forced him out, if indeed this is the reason.

I guess what I am saying is that there needs to be some balance in the reporting of DB's time as CEO. It is totally wrong to suggest that it was all marketing fluff. It will be interesting to see what DRB have made of his plans and how much they retain.

Sudders can you ask DB if he is related to Jose, they both share many traits

Funny you should ask, actually, Darryl. I raised that with my bunker buddy and he said that they weren't related, but that they did attend the same evening classes in financial governance, held above a kebab shop in Balham by a Peruvian called Dave, who used to work for British Leyland, before moving onto petty crime and finally becoming certified by the FSA.

Sudders

As a Lotus fan(atic) to me these are all extremely good things and a sound foundation for the future. I accept the plans were probably overly ambitious and the funding is now looking a little flaky but to say 'the emperor has no clothes' is totally disingenuous. Allied to the big increase in brand awareness, overall I believe DB has done a pretty good job. I think its a real pity that his lack of self control in other areas has forced him out, if indeed this is the reason.

With you 100% on that. DB might have pushed things too far but I'm far more worried about the alternative.

I've got an Exige S test soon but I'm just not as confident about the product as I was a few weeks ago. If DB was still at the helm I'd trust him to deliver on build quality, with the accountants in charge the worry is will they cut corners and go back to the old ways to save to few bucks here and there? I've just got little or no confidence in the company right now which is a tad depressing to be honest!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

I stand by my opinion that you could have many others more knowledgeable in the auto industry that could improve build quality without all money spent on marketing hype. Yes, no question Lotus needed to improve the quality to run with the big boys and it didn't take Dany Bahar to make that statement, but I question moves such as Swizz Beatz in charge of his empire and the ridiculous PR expenditures overall. (and yes, schmoozing C lister stars is fooling/impressing who?..well not me and certainly not more sophisticated types with the spending $$ !!!) I think he also needed to deliver "A" car before promising 5 for credibility. (I guess what will really be the judge is how well the Esprit actually sells. Will it deliver the quantities promised). You can give credit to the guy with improvements made, but I say many others could have done it without blowing the budget with excessive fluff spending and put the money where it counts. I guess we can just disagree on that one.

Edited by comem47

Totally the Swizz thing was crazy, as were the PR excesses, the huge amounts spent on Motorsport, the daft shops, doing up the rented house, the list is seemingly endless! However the fact remains the Evora was riddled with issues for years and DB bought in a very extensive upgrade with the MY12 and sorted them out. The rest I agree is at best smoke and mirrors.

http://chiefofficers...y_departs_lotus

"......But even Chapman had his own light aircraft - which crashed, killing him."

:huh:

Just read that as well - clearly a well-researched piece !!!!!

Edited by 61GT

Dany: "Yo, Marky boy, I've jus' come up wid a brilliant idea to help pay my growin' legal bills. Been readin' this funky chicken of a thread on TLF. Some dude's askin' you to come up wid a T-shirt 'splainin' 'bout our underground crib."

Mark: "Why are you talking jive? Have you been talking to Swizz again?"

Dany: "Well, sheeeet, man. How'd you guess?"

Mark: "Just a hunch. So what's up with the T-shirt thing? You really think it'll work?"

Dany: "Hell yeah. Some guy in New York has been selling 'em like hotcakes, and all he had to do was appropriate some improbably named restaurant in some Texas backwater claiming to be the center of the Universe. Claims he's sold a million of 'em to date."

Mark: "Impressive sales figures, Dany boy. You got an idea in mind?"

Dany: "I have, indeed, fool. It's still a work in progress, of course. But here's my working draft:"

The Mongol in the Foxhole

Dany's hit a Pothole

Problem with the Payroll

Bunkin' with a Fellow Mole

Buy my Shirt for only 75 UK pounds, plus shipping, VAT, and silkscreen fees, COD optional, Paypal accepted

Mark: "That last part doesn't rhyme, Dany."

Dany: "Yeah, I know. Like I said, it's a work in progress. Sort of a T-shirt 'mule' if you will. It'll get better."

Mark: "If I were your barrister, I'd be seriously worried."

the fact is that under DB's tenure;

• New dealerships in China and Beirut have been opened,

Must have been a drunken bet surely

Must have been a drunken bet surely

What, like

Dany: "I bet we could sell some cars if we put a dealership in one of the richest cities in the Middle East, playground of the middle east rich, second only to Dubai in terms of visitor spending'

Other bloke in pub: "Nah, I think we should put one some small town in the middle of nowhere - this is how we've always done it".