free hit
counters
Bahar Suspended - Page 21 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Maybe I missed something, but has there been any indication that DRB dismissed him on incompetence? I thought it was misconduct, which is much more specific and less fuzzy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It will all come out if it goes to trial, and this is probably the only way we'll ever find out what the actual allegations against DB are. No matter how you look at it, this fiasco is not good for the brand image and it's just another nail in the Lotus coffin.

Trouble is we are all speculating when we have no idea as to the details of DBs contract with the company.

I'm simply going to wait and see what comes out in the wash.

All the media blurb I can find says DB is suing Lotus. Are we sure he's actually suing DRB Bibs?

I was thinking it may settle out of court, but with the allegations that is highly unlikely.

DB will have to sew his contractual employer, which is likely to be Lotus Group. Of course, his contract could be with Proton, but DRB wouldn't make sense.

Are we sure he's actually suing DRB Bibs?

http://paultan.org/2...ion-from-lotus/

Paul Tan, the hugest blog in Malaysian (and a member on here!) says DRB as do many others. DRB made the decision to terminate him, he didn't terminate himself from Lotus.

Yeah. Duh. (where's the emoticon for smacking yourself in the forehead?)

I wonder if any of DB's team had key man clauses? My guess would be a number of them would be casting an eye elsewhere unless the new bosses show the kind of enthusiasm to spend money on new projects they way DB did.

A small home remodeling shop, on the outskirts of Hethel...

Nigel: "Neville, I say old chap, have you finished the billing statement for Mr. Bahar for last month's custom built jacuzzi? The one with the mousse dispenser?"

Neville: "Not quite. I'm still preparing the invoice for the home theatre entertainment complex, the one with the 10 way power recliner chairs with wing mirrors. He sent us a bushel of mirror switches to keep the cost down. Heard he's been in the news a lot lately. Some Malaysian conglomerate showed him the door. Something to do with misappropriation of company assets. You don't suppose......?"

Nigel: "Are you suggesting that those mirror switches weren't his to use? By the way, my mate Alistair complained to me the other day about the difficulty of procuring just such a switch for his new Evora. Think there's any connection? Oohh, was that a pun, har har?"

Neville: "Come to think of it, Maggie in the front office said there was some fellow from Ernst & Young snooping about the premises last week. Took lots of photos and asked if he could have several of our brochures."

Nigel: "Was that the same bloke who was asking about the 50 cubic foot Sub-Zero refrigerator we shipped to the Bahar residence last May? He was also quite interested in the sticker price for the new wine cellar addition. Sweet talked Maggie into a copy of the invoice he did."

Neville: "I'm beginning to see a pattern here, Nigel. Perhaps we ought to consider dunning Mr. Bahar for the balance due a little earlier than planned. I'm going to put a hold on that squash court order. Seems to be the prudent thing to do. Do you think we can resell the remaining wing mirror switches for a tidy sum? Bet there's a demand for them somewhere. Can't imagine sacking someone for a bunch of auto accessory switches. There's got to be more to this story me thinks."

News from the bunker

We've now run out of bog roll and asparagus tips. But, we're still good for spam, so it's not all bad news. Dany has taken to reading Jane Ayre novels out loud, which can be a bit off putting. Especially in his dodgy accent, but it passes the time. He's also training up some cockroaches, which he's planning to enter in his own Formula Cock racing series. First race is this weekend near the Valence, just by the bag of sprouts. Just as soon as he gets their wing mirros right, anyway. I haven't told him yet, but if we run out lard, we may have to eat them. Still, it's keeping him occupied, so that's nice.

Bob called. He asked, now that he's been sacked, where his year's supply of free Lotus Origials socks and pants were, which Dany promised him. Dany ran and hid behind his backup stock of celebrity magazines, featuring him, until Bob put the phone down. Then Swizz called and asked why his Nightfire Red Evora GTE - which he gets a flunky to drive around while he travels behind in a blinged up bus - has been swapped for a Lipstick Red Proton Savvy. Dany told him that it was all Tony and Joe's fault and then asked if he could get a job as Swizz's Personal Person Who Stands Next to Him and Other Celebrities Alot Person. Swizz put the phone down. Then Aston Martin called and asked Dany if Lotus were still going to contine to design all the difficult undery bits of their cars for them. Dany said, if they liked, they could employ him as a Lotus Design Consultant, but they put the phone down as well.

Since then, he's been drawing up a list of the reasons why he's ace and shouldn't have been dismissed from Lotus. The list looks like this, so far:

- Personally pulled Norfolk out of recession (Judge should like that one)

- Great hair

- Has met all the Baldy Brothers

- Once worked for Ferrari, for a bit, and he can prove it - has a Ferrari baseball cap

- Told everyone that the Evroa was crap, and was subsequently proved right when sales suddenly dipped

- Is a marketing monolith amoungst mongs

Oh, and Wolverine called. The new 'Engineered by Proton' Lotus range is coming on nicely now. The new chocolate box-plastic dash for the Esprit is coming on nicely, as are the new draylon and velour interiors. Externally, the drum brakes are a little, erm, arse, but Halfords have done a cracking job on the external styling. Apparently, Wolverine has his kit packed and is waiting for his slot with the new guy's new HR guy to come up.

And, we're both looking forward to the FoS. Dany's going disguised as a Lotus blogging car nerd, so that no one will recognise him.

Awesome.

Where are all the Exos's ? I herd there was one sale and 3 letters of intent. Subsequently the 1 sale fell through, and the letters of intent went the same way. So how many have been sold ?

Could Dany have possibly sold one and not told anybody, doubtful. :P

Where are all the Exos's ? I herd there was one sale and 3 letters of intent. Subsequently the 1 sale fell through, and the letters of intent went the same way. So how many have been sold ?

Could Dany have possibly sold one and not told anybody, doubtful. :P

Roger

How much were they; may pick up a bargin, then I would need to drive properly!

Look out RG and the rest of the grid hicky's learning to drive

Edited by DarrylV8

Was Danny's V8 (Wingless) Esprit a company car or his own personal car. If the former, where is it now and can we club together and send them a wing for it?

That is a very nice motor, fully restored with a tasty interior. If it is a company car, I wonder if they are taking offers? With the wing re-fitted I might be tempted....

IMAG0092.jpg

Didn't he say somewhere that he didn't drive it, didn't like it or something like that?

Clutch was replaced within 48 hours. He enjoyed the Esprit, often used it to drive to work & back.

Agreed. I saw him driving home in it several times. I think, Michael, Your confusing it with the Evora which he stated he disliked.

Agreed. I saw him driving home in it several times. I think, Michael, Your confusing it with the Evora which he stated he disliked.

Amazing for a CEO to say something like that.

As my old man used to say "You never here a Fish salesman shouting Rotten Fish"

Oh ok. Just thought I saw something somewhere. Never mind.

Calling the bunker

Sudders can you please ask DB best place to get cheap/free champagne? After 15+ cases

Having a party with some mates; they have managed to scrounge free helicopter rides in to the grounds from various locations

cheers

Edited by DarrylV8

Well, I asked Dany but he didn't understand the question at first. He simply said, 'ask for it, dumass'. Then I explained that most other people have to pay for stuff and he suggested you do what he does - put it on expenses, obviously! Dumass.

He also mentioned that Morrisons are doing Bolly for £30. And let's face it, if you're entertaining people that you don't really like all that much and don't want to waste something half-decent like Krug on them, then Bolly really is your only other option.

By the way, if you want to ask him for any other advice, he's just got a new job, which he's very excited about. He's working two afternoons a week in the London Lotus Originals Store, Underpants Department. Otherwise, you'll find him down here rearranging the personal grooming corner of the survival equipment section of the post-apocalypse stores hangar.

Right, Dany back to bailing out the sunken massage and tanning booth, big boy. And put some trousers on, this time!

Awesome!

Or, for fifteen cases (flippin eck! What are you going to do, swim in it!) Dany says you could give them a car from the car company that you're the CEO of. Worked for him. Well, mostly.

Or buy a vineyard. That also worked for him.

Or, buy Morrisons. Or France. Not sure which is the worst.

Or, buy Cava and change the labels.

Dany also mentioned that you could sell the yacht, or chin off one of the mistresses and sell her Monaco apartment.